DEFRAUDED IN FINLAND, NEED HELP

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
wolf80

Re: DEFRAUDED IN FINLAND, NEED HELP

Post by wolf80 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:50 pm

betelgeuse wrote:There's nothing wrong with signing a permanent lease with a tourist visa. Tourist visas do allow you to be here half the time.
The police will look at his case a bit closer, and discover very fast that he is not an eager tourist but wants to stay for good. They are not stupid after all.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:52 am

Come on, he's from Nigeria. If it walks and talks like a dog..... Sadly their fellow countrymen have ruined the reputation for the rest of any of the decent people from there.

Isn't it one of the countries Finland is no longer allowing students from aswell?

Charles Bi

Post by Charles Bi » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:30 am

@betegeuse

I don't know you o, but God bless you. I no the kind of that other guy. Same like the guy who defrauded me. Well humans are different sha. When some people get to certain place dey never want to allow others to come there at all. It's for the children sake if not why am I going to be disturbing myself to leave naija. I made it here big time why should I leave for a place where I can't make money beyond certain level. When nobody is chasing me outta naija.

@betegeuse thanks again jare.

Charles Bi

Post by Charles Bi » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:38 am

Wat is dat ur name again sef @flossy1978 I wish I know where you are from. No need, cos if you are not from Finland then you are certainly one those countries Nigeria is bigger and richer than. If not for bad governance in naija, can u open ur dirty mouth to talk about Nigeria???

But as it is, no wahala you can keep talking there nothing I can do other than just watch you keep talking in any direction ur mouth lead you.

Rip

Post by Rip » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:38 am

Going thorough various posts in the thread:

There is no law against renting an apartment while being here on tourist status.

Also it is not a crime to plan to apply a residence permit while on tourist status, though officials later deciding on the resident permit application may hold it against you.

Irrespective of residence permit status, you may of course file a criminal complaint. A fraud case should probably be pretty well and clearly proven for them to be interested.

There are also laws against slander and some related offenses and posting names and contact information of people with negative information that may or may not be true can easily break those laws.

Do I understand right that OP really thought 750 € would be sufficient for five months rent here? Seriously?
My friend organised police to send us back home so he could retain those monies 2500e.
I'm sure he didn't pay them. So what was the grounds for getting you expelled? (I don't actually understand if you're right now still in Finland or not)
No need, cos if you are not from Finland then you are certainly one those countries Nigeria is bigger and richer than. If not for bad governance in naija, can u open ur dirty mouth to talk about Nigeria???
I'd suggest you do not to continue along those lines unless you're just trolling here for ridicule.
I believe it is [not] a crime to want to move to Finland or anywhere else in the world as we all have different reasons for doing so.
It is not. It is not a universal human right either though.

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:47 am

just go to the police and let us know how it went for you instead of coming back and arguing ad nauseum.
Image Image

AldenG

Post by AldenG » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:39 am

Charles Bi wrote:...you are certainly one those countries Nigeria is bigger and richer than
That's a pretty short list and I'm reasonably sure that Australia is at least a wee bit bigger and a wee bit richer.

How does that limerick end? The vicar is quicker and thicker and slicker and longer and stronger than you? Fai' dinkum, mate.
As he persisted, I was obliged to tootle him gently at first and then, seeing no improvement, to trumpet him vigorously with my horn.

wolf80

Post by wolf80 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:56 pm

Rip wrote: There is no law against renting an apartment while being here on tourist status.
No there is not. But if you are in Finland on a 3 month visa, and you are renting an apartment for a year, and Migri comes to hear about it, it will raise questions on if you maybe are planning to stay in Finland for longer, thus violating your visa.
Rip wrote: Also it is not a crime to plan to apply a residence permit while on tourist status, though officials later deciding on the resident permit application may hold it against you.
No, but it will most certainly be denied. You can apply for pretty much anything that you are not supposed to apply for, you will simply not get it. That easy.

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:32 pm

I am sure Nigeria might only be richer because of all the middle aged American women they catfish :D :lol: . Seems to be a favourite topic on Dr Phil.

I don't believe any honest Finnish person would rent to you anyway. You need proof of income usually. And I can't remember correctly, but I am sure I gave my Kela number too.

I lived for fourteen years in Finland. Got my resident permit the legal, moral way. And I have a Finnish child. So I think that entitles me to being a part of this board than some guy from Nigeria, who is trying to scam his way into Finland.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:13 pm

wolf80 wrote:
Rip wrote: There is no law against renting an apartment while being here on tourist status.
No there is not. But if you are in Finland on a 3 month visa, and you are renting an apartment for a year, and Migri comes to hear about it, it will raise questions on if you maybe are planning to stay in Finland for longer, thus violating your visa.
Migri is not part of either granting or revoking visas.
wolf80 wrote:
betelgeuse wrote:There's nothing wrong with signing a permanent lease with a tourist visa. Tourist visas do allow you to be here half the time.
The police will look at his case a bit closer, and discover very fast that he is not an eager tourist but wants to stay for good. They are not stupid after all.
I am not sure if they would systematically think about that in an unrelated matter. Yes it's possible to removed from the country if the original application was fraudulent.

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:00 am

So, if after obviously being deceitful on his original Visa application, the Finnish Government may let him stay?

If they do, then that is just bullsh*t. There are plenty of people who do things the right way, the legitimate way, and are still told "no".

If you let one person in, like the poster thinks is an alright way to go about things, then ultimately all people who do what he has done should be allowed to stay. A free-for-all to turn up on a Visa and apply for a Resident Permit, sure, we'll let you do that (minus those who marry or in a relationship who turn up and do it this way). It's like a "screw you" to Finnish people and their laws, from both the Government's side and the foreigners partaking in such an immoral thing.

You want so badly to move to Finland? You do it the right way. Just like everyone else should and does. You don't have the right to proclaim you want to do something, so too bad, it's your right. So you will. Especially if it involves defrauding the so called country you intend to move to and take what you can from. Which shows what kind of personality the poster has. What is to stop them thinking this way about everything else, once they are in Finland? Sad situation all round.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:50 am

Flossy1978 wrote:So, if after obviously being deceitful on his original Visa application, the Finnish Government may let him stay?
I am not sure what this is in response to but yes:
Section 147
Non-refoulement
No one may be refused entry and sent back or deported to an area where he or she could be subject to the death penalty, torture, persecution or other treatment violating human dignity or from where he or she could be sent to such an area.
http://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/kaannokset ... 040301.pdf

AldenG

Post by AldenG » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:02 am

Whatever you think of Mr Bi, one does hate to contemplate the prospect of his even more deceitful and exploitative friend succeeding in getting Finnish citizenship and a more secure base from which to run international web scams.
As he persisted, I was obliged to tootle him gently at first and then, seeing no improvement, to trumpet him vigorously with my horn.

Charles Bi

Post by Charles Bi » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:06 pm

Well, thanks to everyone I must say. Especially @betegeuse again whose contributions are educating t everyone even those passingby. Kudos. In as mush as the Finland and the rest of the world are not free for all place. W still have legislations that says "take it easy"

On like our very good friend who likes to go to places and shot the doors and windows. I wonder how he will know on day that it is rainy or snowing.

Well it is the 2 hands they use to descipline a child.

All I know is that in Finland, Nigeria and else where in the world, no room for scammers. We will fish them all out.

Our good friend, your contributions are well expository as well. Just be cool okay? I don't know why you are angry. Lol. Allow other people to rest just like you are probably doing. Good luck.

irnbru

Post by irnbru » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:53 pm

Is there a Mrs Bi? I'd like to meet her.