Citizenship Applications 2016

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Karhu123

Re: Citizenship Applications 2016

Post by Karhu123 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:08 am

Thank you. However, the migri info is about the eligibility of the citizenship application aka before applying, but my concern is whether or not I can leave Finland after I apply and before I get the result. I think I will have to call...[/quote]

Dear suhokim if you get any answer from Migri can you write it here please.
Regards

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Roger_1

Post by Roger_1 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:26 pm

Hello Folks,

I have put up my application for the Finnish citizenship. I have all my formalities fulfilled. But when I went to Tampere Police station to show my documents as part of formality. The lady over there started to talk in Finnish and some how I was just too dumm to reply and got nervous, one of the reason I failed the speaking part of YKI too (All other three module pass). She said you are too weak in speaking and I have mentioned it in your case.

Now all this really worried me. Will this impact my case?? Is it really important to convince the lady with your Finnish language skills when you show up your original documents OR they consider YKI result as sufficient Finnish language skill??

Any one come up with the same or more or less same issue ??

Regards

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:37 am

Roger_1 wrote: I have put up my application for the Finnish citizenship. I have all my formalities fulfilled. But when I went to Tampere Police station to show my documents as part of formality. The lady over there started to talk in Finnish and some how I was just too dumm to reply and got nervous, one of the reason I failed the speaking part of YKI too (All other three module pass). She said you are too weak in speaking and I have mentioned it in your case.

Now all this really worried me. Will this impact my case?? Is it really important to convince the lady with your Finnish language skills when you show up your original documents OR they consider YKI result as sufficient Finnish language skill??

Since the Migri rules require zero skills in speaking they would have to justify why you wouldn't have the skills you passed the test with. I wouldn't worry too much (if denied you would have a reasonable case for appeal). The law says the test is sufficient so they would have to doubt the validity of the test.

http://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/2 ... 0359#L3P17

Roger_1

Post by Roger_1 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:44 pm

Thanx for reply..I really hope so things will go smooth. As I have 3 modules and combination as per migri rules...

newborn

Post by newborn » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:22 pm

Roger_1 wrote:Hello Folks,

I have put up my application for the Finnish citizenship. I have all my formalities fulfilled. But when I went to Tampere Police station to show my documents as part of formality. The lady over there started to talk in Finnish and some how I was just too dumm to reply and got nervous, one of the reason I failed the speaking part of YKI too (All other three module pass). She said you are too weak in speaking and I have mentioned it in your case.

Regards
As the officer has written on your application that your spoken skill has some issues, it might have an effect because the officer in mirgi who will handle/process your application has authority to verify anything written (By you or any officer) in the application. Therefore, it might happen that they would call you (that is not usual though) and talk to you in Finnish asking some questions from the application or job situation or something else to know your speaking situation before they decide. Of course, it would depend on how strict the handling migri officer is.

However, I do not see any point to worry because I assume that you learned Finnish quite well before passing the YKI test and you still have at least 6 months time to practice spoken Finnish. So, speak with people at work or where ever you have the chance.

Good luck

Frankenstein

Post by Frankenstein » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:17 am

Seems the process still takes around 5-6 months.

Karhu123

Post by Karhu123 » Wed May 11, 2016 10:45 pm

A new update from Migri website on the Estimated processing time

At the moment, estimated processing times are as follows:

Passport holders who have filled in their application accurately: 8 months
Other passport holders: 9 months
Refugees: 14 months
Others: 16 months

http://www.migri.fi/services/processing ... ions_16597

mm007

Post by mm007 » Fri May 13, 2016 2:14 pm

hello Anybody applied in November 2015 and receive the decision already. please update.

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Fri May 20, 2016 8:39 am

Yesterday, a friend who applied in March 2016 got a request for additional documents, the passport expired after he applied.
Is this something automatic or they have someone checking the applications before they actually start processing it? The status of the application was still on "Waiting for processing"...

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Wed May 25, 2016 7:03 am

It seems was a semi-automatic thing. Somebody was notified that his application passport is expired and they asked for a new one. However the application is still "waiting for processing".

zimady

Citizenship Applications 2016

Post by zimady » Wed May 25, 2016 7:02 pm

Hi guys,
I heard that immigration office call you for an interview when they start processing your citizenship application?anyone faced such an experience ?please share.Thanks

ZoZo

Post by ZoZo » Wed May 25, 2016 9:47 pm

zimady wrote:Hi guys,
I heard that immigration office call you for an interview when they start processing your citizenship application?anyone faced such an experience ?please share.Thanks
Hi, I am following this forum last couple of years. But I never heard it before. Even I didn't see any interview option during the processing period according to immigration site. But exception can happen.

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Thu May 26, 2016 7:12 am

Well, exceptions could happens but I don't think that happens. Maybe was like that before when the language requirements where not clearly defined. E.g. 10-15 years ago.

lintu224

Post by lintu224 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:06 pm

Has anyone received any new news? I am just wondering what application month they are processing right now.

ZoZo

Post by ZoZo » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:24 pm

lintu224 wrote:Has anyone received any new news? I am just wondering what application month they are processing right now.
I think they r now processing November applications. When did u apply( date)? I applied in 11 November and got my decession last month.