Stay in Finland before Residence Permit?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Beep_Boop

Re: Stay in Finland before Residence Permit?

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:59 pm

MinhChau010416 wrote:I will go to the poliisi on tomorrow. Should I go there earliest or 8am is ok ?
I wonder if there is queue before open time.
They open 08:00. Go there 1 hour before opening time. No, I'm not exaggerating. Go 1 hour before.
The queue outside usually starts around 07:00. The closer to the door you are, the earlier you'll get your queue number, which means you'll have to wait later a lot less. I found that 1 hour waiting outside usually saves you 3-4 hours waiting inside.

No, your question isn't weird. Just make sure to Google everything even after you ask your husband.

Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

bm50
AKA cockney

Post by bm50 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:32 pm

Strange only 30 days visa! schengen visa is usually 90 days!

MinhChau010416

Post by MinhChau010416 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:52 pm

Beep_Boop wrote:
MinhChau010416 wrote:I will go to the poliisi on tomorrow. Should I go there earliest or 8am is ok ?
I wonder if there is queue before open time.
They open 08:00. Go there 1 hour before opening time. No, I'm not exaggerating. Go 1 hour before.
The queue outside usually starts around 07:00. The closer to the door you are, the earlier you'll get your queue number, which means you'll have to wait later a lot less. I found that 1 hour waiting outside usually saves you 3-4 hours waiting inside.

No, your question isn't weird. Just make sure to Google everything even after you ask your husband.
Joo :lol: :lol:

Kiitos Beep_Boop, I did think that my husband know everything abt immigration and RP and expected... we had some arguement about this trouble :cry: now understand...
Last edited by MinhChau010416 on Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Missä minun rahani? Mieheni kokki, mieheni pestä, mieheni suudelma :D :twisted: :beamer: :wink: :thumbsup:

MinhChau010416

Post by MinhChau010416 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:55 pm

bm50 wrote:Strange only 30 days visa! schengen visa is usually 90 days!
I didn't think abt RP when I applied visa. Only planned to come to Fin to marry. Then after marry, suddently we want to back Fin :roll:
Missä minun rahani? Mieheni kokki, mieheni pestä, mieheni suudelma :D :twisted: :beamer: :wink: :thumbsup:

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:52 pm

A- There's no such thing as "Schengen visa". This is a common misconception. It's a visa given by Finland that is also valid for other Schengen countries, but it's not a Schengen visa. This means that Finland can give 5 day visas only if Finland feels like it, and it would still be Finnish visa valid in Schengen for 5 days.
B- The length depends on the case, nothing strange about that. In some cases, you get 90 days by default. In other cases, especially high-risk countries, you get the minimum needed to fulfill the purpose of your visit.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:16 am

Oombongo wrote:and if you are unlucky to get a slot of cancelled appointment during that day then you may have to repeat the process the next day. Anyone else feel free to correct me here.
If you are there in the morning, I doubt parliamentary ombudsman would approve telling you to come back the next day. I don't think there's anything explicitly codified about this.

MinhChau010416

Post by MinhChau010416 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:27 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Oombongo wrote:and if you are unlucky to get a slot of cancelled appointment during that day then you may have to repeat the process the next day. Anyone else feel free to correct me here.
If you are there in the morning, I doubt parliamentary ombudsman would approve telling you to come back the next day. I don't think there's anything explicitly codified about this.
Sorry I don't understand what you say? parliamentary ombudsman ?
Btw, next day of tmr is Saturday.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:32 am

Beep_Boop wrote:
A- There's no such thing as "Schengen visa". This is a common misconception.
Given the fact that the European Commission website uses the term Schengen Visa I think it's valid in this context.

"The EU has set up a common visa policy for short stays, i.e. stays up to three months, which is applied through the delivery of so-called "Schengen visas". In 2015, the present 26 Schengen States issued around 14.3 million Schengen visas. "

http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/home-affairs/wh ... dex_en.htm
Beep_Boop wrote: It's a visa given by Finland that is also valid for other Schengen countries, but it's not a Schengen visa. This means that Finland can give 5 day visas only if Finland feels like it, and it would still be Finnish visa valid in Schengen for 5 days.
B- The length depends on the case, nothing strange about that. In some cases, you get 90 days by default. In other cases, especially high-risk countries, you get the minimum needed to fulfill the purpose of your visit.
Giving out Schengen Visas is controlled by European Union directives. Finland is not able to deviate from them. However, you are correct that it depends on the application:

"1. The period of validity of a visa and the length of the authorised stay shall be based on the examination conducted in accordance with Article 21."

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/ ... 53&from=EN

bm50
AKA cockney

Post by bm50 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:26 pm

MinhChau010416 wrote:
I didn't think abt RP when I applied visa. Only planned to come to Fin to marry. Then after marry, suddently we want to back Fin :roll:
Did you say on your visa application you were coming to Finland to marry? Or did you say you just come as tourist?

MinhChau010416

Post by MinhChau010416 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:20 pm

bm50 wrote:
MinhChau010416 wrote:
Did you say on your visa application you were coming to Finland to marry? Or did you say you just come as tourist?
Hi, I said as tourist

Is that matter?

bm50
AKA cockney

Post by bm50 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:07 pm

Yes it will matter when you apply for Rp! There are many questions on the Rp application about your relationship with your husband before marriage! If you lied on your tourist visa application you could have problems with immigration! It's because of scam marriages, maybe you said on your application you come as tourist but then marry! Anyway immigration police will want to have proof of your relationship to your now spouse!

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:39 pm

bm50 wrote:Yes it will matter when you apply for Rp! There are many questions on the Rp application about your relationship with your husband before marriage! If you lied on your tourist visa application you could have problems with immigration! It's because of scam marriages, maybe you said on your application you come as tourist but then marry! Anyway immigration police will want to have proof of your relationship to your now spouse!
+1. There is exchange of data between local consulate and Finnish immigration. Don't under estimate them at all.
After getting married, wifey went back to Ukraine to take care of some business in March. When she applied for visa again then she get a call the next day from embassy. Asked the question, and she said that she will apply for RP based on marriage here in Finland in May (appointment booked). They granted the visa the next day.
Image Image

MinhChau010416

Post by MinhChau010416 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:59 am

bm50 wrote:Yes it will matter when you apply for Rp! There are many questions on the Rp application about your relationship with your husband before marriage! If you lied on your tourist visa application you could have problems with immigration! It's because of scam marriages, maybe you said on your application you come as tourist but then marry! Anyway immigration police will want to have proof of your relationship to your now spouse!
I have applied for visa 2 times, the second time our embassy dìdn't interview, and there are no applicstion form for mary case.
Our rekationship is true love, we don't wonder abt it. (Althiugh we hv arguement everyday), in this moment he is in bar and he can't understand its very weird in my culture if the husband come home too late :beamer: :(

I am applying for residence PERMIT , i don't stay here illegal, they i think its ok in legal aspect.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:10 pm

MinhChau010416 wrote: Sorry I don't understand what you say? parliamentary ombudsman ?
Understanding it not relevant for your personal application process so I will skip the long explanation about how our government/legislation works in this context.

MinhChau010416

Post by MinhChau010416 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:26 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
MinhChau010416 wrote: Sorry I don't understand what you say? parliamentary ombudsman ?
Understanding it not relevant for your personal application process so I will skip the long explanation about how our government/legislation works in this context.
Hi,
I still want to know bcz I am learning Finnishs law