What need to do - first time moving to Fin? RP, KELA, TE...

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
betelgeuse

Re: What need to do - first time moving to Fin? RP, KELA, TE

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:48 pm

MinhChau010416 wrote:
Oombongo wrote: No question about RP, no SSN and they offered you an internship? hmm.. Image
Is it illegal in Fin? Just a intership without salary, i did think simple that like visit a company,
If its illegal i will not do this intership.
Basically if the company benefits from your work financially in any other way than training you as a potential future employee, you must be paid a salary. What does your internship involve?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

MinhChau010416

Post by MinhChau010416 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:09 pm

I don't know how to call it, then use word "intership".
That company wants to know some information abt invest to our country, i would like to learn how is working envirment in Fin, then we exchange, both is hv benefit. The owner of that campany is my husband's friend. It more likes a office visit and discuss than a job.
I am not paid and we don't sign any contract.
Missä minun rahani? Mieheni kokki, mieheni pestä, mieheni suudelma :D :twisted: :beamer: :wink: :thumbsup:

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:09 am

You are kidding yourself if your RP takes a short time. It has nothing to do with the interview or having your papers in order.

Immigration has a lot on their plate right now, with the influx of the people from down south. Your permit, since you married some dude in Asia, after meeting him over the net (I guess?), will be scrutinised and your permit will take time. A long time. Many many many months.

You can't get any money from KELA, or benefit in any way whatsoever whilst you are waiting for your permit. No healthcare, no free schooling, nothing.

You can apply and go to private Finnish courses at adult schools. Some cost a lot of money, others cost hardly anything. Google and look for them.

Sorry, but the more you post about your marriage, the more sh"t it sounds. A man marries you, brings you to Finland.... You fight everyday and he doesn't help you at all? Lovely man and lovely marriage. He sounds like one of the usual middle aged Finnish men who couldn't get a Finnish woman, because they won't put up with his crap behaviour, so he has run off to Asia to get someone. Because Asian women are supposedly good at being doormats. It will likely end in divorce. Many do.

I don't think you can do an unpaid internship or anything of this nature, while waiting for your RP. The company would have to have insurance coverage on you, etc. I don't know if they can get insurance and whatnot on you, if you are here without a RP. You should really ask them. Tell them you have no RP to be living in Finland right now.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:30 am

Oh come on Flossie, your average person native in any country has fukol experience or knowlege to "import a foreigner" ...
Lets play a game: I am fancy you, me want married. Import me to Anustralia.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

MinhChau010416

Post by MinhChau010416 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:53 am

flossy,
what happening to you

My husband works in my country for a Fin company and, we met in my country. We love or not we know very clearly, whatever what in your mind.
I don't read all what you wrote because I read some first sentenses then I think it's not what I should care.
Missä minun rahani? Mieheni kokki, mieheni pestä, mieheni suudelma :D :twisted: :beamer: :wink: :thumbsup:

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:38 am

Nah. You can stay in Ireland or is it England? Persuivant. It is too much hassle to bring Finnish peopleto live in Oz Land, since the Consulates all closed :lol: :roll:

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:47 am

MinhChau010416 wrote:I don't know how to call it, then use word "intership".
The owner of that campany is my husband's friend. It more likes a office visit and discuss than a job.
More like being a guest then.
Image Image

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:21 am

http://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.c ... internship

"a period of time during which a student or new graduate gets practical experience in a job, for example during the summer holiday/vacation"

When unpaid this would normally be part of some kind of studies or activities setup by unemployment offices.
MinhChau010416 wrote: That company wants to know some information abt invest to our country, i would like to learn how is working envirment in Fin, then we exchange, both is hv benefit. The owner of that campany is my husband's friend. It more likes a office visit and discuss than a job.
The fact that you don't sign a contract does not matter. There's no requirement in Finland for there to be a written work contract.

http://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/kaannokset ... 010055.pdf

"This Act applies to contracts (employment contracts) entered into by an employee, or jointly by several employees as a team, agreeing personally to perform work for an employer under the employer's direction and supervision in return for pay or some other remuneration."

Would be interesting to know if here the pure knowledge about Finnish working environment is other remuneration.

"If neither a collective agreement binding under the Collective Agreements Act nor a generally applicable collective agreement is applicable to an employment relationship, and the employer and the employee have not agreed on the remuneration to be paid for the work, the employee shall be paid a reasonable normal remuneration for the work performed."

I would say that if you are there only for a short period of time (say weeks at max) the issue whether it's legal is more academic in nature.

MinhChau010416

Post by MinhChau010416 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:40 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
http://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.c ... internship

"a period of time during which a student or new graduate gets practical experience in a job, for example during the summer holiday/vacation"

When unpaid this would normally be part of some kind of studies or activities setup by unemployment offices.
MinhChau010416 wrote: That company wants to know some information abt invest to our country, i would like to learn how is working envirment in Fin, then we exchange, both is hv benefit. The owner of that campany is my husband's friend. It more likes a office visit and discuss than a job.
The fact that you don't sign a contract does not matter. There's no requirement in Finland for there to be a written work contract.

http://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/kaannokset ... 010055.pdf

"This Act applies to contracts (employment contracts) entered into by an employee, or jointly by several employees as a team, agreeing personally to perform work for an employer under the employer's direction and supervision in return for pay or some other remuneration."

Would be interesting to know if here the pure knowledge about Finnish working environment is other remuneration.

"If neither a collective agreement binding under the Collective Agreements Act nor a generally applicable collective agreement is applicable to an employment relationship, and the employer and the employee have not agreed on the remuneration to be paid for the work, the employee shall be paid a reasonable normal remuneration for the work performed."

I would say that if you are there only for a short period of time (say weeks at max) the issue whether it's legal is more academic in nature.
kiitos paljon
these are very useful information for me.

twiggydoll

Post by twiggydoll » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:29 am

Minh, do you mean volunteering?

Pretty shocked by the accusatory responses here, it's not often you find a place of discussion not overtaken by the PC police. :o

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:25 am

Normally if you are non-EU citizen and married with a Fin, the order is: Residence Permit (can take up to 1 year) -> Social Security Number (max 1 month) -> Application for Kela (1-2 months) -> Apply as unemployed (instant, if not otherwise) -> TE informs Kela if you qualify for integration program -> Kela pays the benefits for that.

If your husband will be not Fin, but EU citizen the RP will be much faster. Also if you are EU citizen, RP will be just a simple registration which takes up to 1 month.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:06 pm

tavastia wrote:Normally if you are non-EU citizen and married with a Fin, the order is: Residence Permit (can take up to 1 year) -> Social Security Number (max 1 month) -> Application for Kela (1-2 months) -> Apply as unemployed (instant, if not otherwise) -> TE informs Kela if you qualify for integration program -> Kela pays the benefits for that.
There hasn't been a social security number since the 70s. It's a personal identity code and can be applied with the same application as the residence permit. You will want to enroll with TE immediately when in the country because the Kela decision is retroactive.
tavastia wrote: If your husband will be not Fin, but EU citizen the RP will be much faster. Also if you are EU citizen, RP will be just a simple registration which takes up to 1 month.
Residence permit != registration of right of residence.