INSURANCE PROBLEMS

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Marzeilla

INSURANCE PROBLEMS

Post by Marzeilla » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:59 pm

Hello,

My current residence permit ends on the 15th of August. I thought it ended on the 18th so I purchased an insurance that starts on the 18th of August. I tried to change the date but the company said they can not alter my contract and that the only way is to cancel and get a new one but the procedure is quite long and complicated. So, I'm wondering will it be a problem for renewal of residence permit if I have an insurance that starts on the 18th instead of the 15th ?

INSURANCE PROBLEMS

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: INSURANCE PROBLEMS

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:48 pm

Marzeilla wrote: My current residence permit ends on the 15th of August. I thought it ended on the 18th so I purchased an insurance that starts on the 18th of August. I tried to change the date but the company said they can not alter my contract and that the only way is to cancel and get a new one but the procedure is quite long and complicated. So, I'm wondering will it be a problem for renewal of residence permit if I have an insurance that starts on the 18th instead of the 15th ?
It will lead to refused application if the decision is done before 18th. It would be easiest to just get another policy that covers the overlapping days. I quickly checked the Swisscare calculator with fictional information and 5 days was around 10 euros.

https://my.swisscare.com/studentpass_finland/forms#

Marzeilla

Post by Marzeilla » Tue May 03, 2016 5:57 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I have a one year insurance plan from Swisscare. I tried to buy extra days but it didn't workout.

The SIP insurance is too expensive. it costs like 50 euros for just 4 days.

So do you know any other company I could use that Finland would accept ?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue May 03, 2016 10:30 pm

Marzeilla wrote:So do you know any other company I could use that Finland would accept ?
No. I have not had any need to investigate the options in detail.

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Tue May 03, 2016 11:53 pm

Just pay the 50euros.

If 50euros is a lot, then you are in for a rude awakening, once in Finland. Sorry, but it is true. It is not a cheap place!

Rip

Post by Rip » Wed May 04, 2016 7:13 am

50 € will seem cheap in money and trouble if you end up having your RP application rejected. If you don't find cheaper options, take it.
Next time be more careful.