[Resident Permit] Case: Family ties

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
lam.huynh

Post by lam.huynh » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:06 am

Hi everyone,
I am going to study in University of Eastern Finland (Joensuu campus) for a master degree in Autumn 2016.
My spouse will apply for a RP in Family ties, and I very concern about my spouse situation (we were married and got the legal marriage certificate; we're all non-EU citizens). :?
So I want to ask you guys that, in your experiences:
1. What is the biggest hurdle in our case ?
2. Does we have to prove that my spouse have the net income ? How many ? Or a deposit bank account is good enough (like in imgri.fi said ~ €8400) ?
attachment: http://www.migri.fi/services/faq/reside ... s/students (question #21).
Thank you very much :) :)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Aalto2016

Re: [Resident Permit] Case: Family ties

Post by Aalto2016 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:55 pm

Hi, same case here but I have a 5 yo son as additional.

So in total I required to have 560+700+500=1760 euros per month or 21120 euros per year?

Another question, is it true that the required money need to be in our bank account for 1 month minimum before we make the printout?

thanks in advance.

rinso

Post by rinso » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:24 am

lam.huynh wrote:Hi everyone,
I am going to study in University of Eastern Finland (Joensuu campus) for a master degree in Autumn 2016.
My spouse will apply for a RP in Family ties, and I very concern about my spouse situation (we were married and got the legal marriage certificate; we're all non-EU citizens). :?
So I want to ask you guys that, in your experiences:
1. What is the biggest hurdle in our case ?
2. Does we have to prove that my spouse have the net income ? How many ? Or a deposit bank account is good enough (like in imgri.fi said ~ €8400) ?
attachment: http://www.migri.fi/services/faq/reside ... s/students (question #21).
Thank you very much :) :)
Student visa are often not a problem if you have; 1- been accepted in an uni, 2- have a medical insurance and 3- money in the bank.
If the insurance covers you both and you have enough money (see the Migri info), their shouldn't be any problem for your wife.

rinso

Post by rinso » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:25 am

Aalto2016 wrote:Hi, same case here but I have a 5 yo son as additional.

So in total I required to have 560+700+500=1760 euros per month or 21120 euros per year?

Another question, is it true that the required money need to be in our bank account for 1 month minimum before we make the printout?

thanks in advance.
Don't piggyback on someone else topic. Make your own.

lam.huynh

Post by lam.huynh » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:23 am

thank you for your reply, rinso. :)
and please correct me If I was wrong.
Does you mean that, we have to have:
Me: uni accepted letter + my insurance + my money (€ 560/month = €6720/year)
My wife: her insurance + her money (€ 700/month = €8400/year)
SEPARATELY ?

lam.huynh

Post by lam.huynh » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:56 am

@Aalto I heard about the 1 month minimum rumor, too. I think it depends in your Finland Embassy at your country, but I not sure about that.

rinso

Post by rinso » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:15 am

lam.huynh wrote:thank you for your reply, rinso. :)
and please correct me If I was wrong.
Does you mean that, we have to have:
Me: uni accepted letter + my insurance + my money (€ 560/month = €6720/year)
My wife: her insurance + her money (€ 700/month = €8400/year)
SEPARATELY ?
A combined bank account and insurance doesn't seems a problem to me. As long as you're both covered and the amount is enough.

rinso

Post by rinso » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:19 am

lam.huynh wrote:@Aalto I heard about the 1 month minimum rumor, too. I think it depends in your Finland Embassy at your country, but I not sure about that.
Migri is very critical if they suspect the money is there just for the purpose of getting the RP and will disappear soon after. Putting a large amount in the account just before the application is such a signal. If you can show you have regular income on that account it should be no problem.

Aalto2016

Post by Aalto2016 » Tue May 10, 2016 5:42 am

rinso wrote:
lam.huynh wrote:@Aalto I heard about the 1 month minimum rumor, too. I think it depends in your Finland Embassy at your country, but I not sure about that.
Migri is very critical if they suspect the money is there just for the purpose of getting the RP and will disappear soon after. Putting a large amount in the account just before the application is such a signal. If you can show you have regular income on that account it should be no problem.
Good point, then I should avoid any small detail that can hold the RP process