Have to leave Finland after expired resident permit?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
namastenepal

Post by namastenepal » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:00 pm

Hello,

I came to Finland 2012 as worker with B permit. After working one year, i had got A permit which was 1 year. then next should be get 4 years but I didnt get it. Finally, I leaved the work and my permit also expired. What should I do?

BR

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: Have to leave Finland after expired resident permit?

Post by Beep_Boop » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:14 pm

If you feel you have grounds for extending your A permit, you can lodge an appeal. Otherwise, you pack it up and go home.. as simple as that.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:44 am

Won't the poster get into trouble when they try to leave the country with an expired permit?

rinso

Post by rinso » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:55 am

Finally, I leaved the work and my permit also expired. What should I do?
So you have no (legal) reason to be here. You should leave before they deport you. (if they do you'll get a ban for several years, which also can influence your chances in other EU countries.)

Rip

Post by Rip » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:33 am

Is this some sort of group ID when the same ID has just been used to ask a question regarding applying for a citizenship by somebody who is a spouse of a Finnish citizen?

namastenepal

Post by namastenepal » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:00 am

Thanks for different opinions and advices, :) and 'rip' you are right. :o I am same guy but I had posted that about my friend. He had already move out from Finland. Now, He is other EU county.

namastenepal

Post by namastenepal » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:02 am

Beep_Boop wrote:If you feel you have grounds for extending your A permit, you can lodge an appeal. Otherwise, you pack it up and go home.. as simple as that.
Thanks for replied. But He didn't get any notification from police. Do know what is the suck things. He got new vero kortti from Finland. His bank account still open. He had got new bank card 2 months ago. He will got vero back coming Dec 2016. what about thsese things?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:14 am

namastenepal wrote: Thanks for replied. But He didn't get any notification from police. Do know what is the suck things. He got new vero kortti from Finland. His bank account still open. He had got new bank card 2 months ago. He will got vero back coming Dec 2016. what about thsese things?
Foreign residents can have Finnish bank accounts. The account will stay open and the vero will pay the money there in December. When moving out you notify the population register about your foreign address and vero and banks will get it through that system.

http://www.posti.fi/private/servicesonl ... ofaddress/

namastenepal

Post by namastenepal » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:22 pm

Thanks,

He has only bank card not a online banking system Now. He moved out before visiting the bank. About netposti, need pankkitunnus right?

Anyway, I don't think so you guys have any knowledge about it. I have to visit google better than here.

thanks again.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:27 pm

namastenepal wrote: He has only bank card not a online banking system Now. He moved out before visiting the bank. About netposti, need pankkitunnus right?
It's a separate thing from Netposti. You could also do it with a Finnish id and card reader. There are paper forms available in post offices.

http://www.posti.fi/changeaddress/
namastenepal wrote: Anyway, I don't think so you guys have any knowledge about it. I have to visit google better than here.
If you can Google answers, it would have been faster to do so in the first place.