It's been 4 months. Should I call the embassy again?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
seti

Post by seti » Fri May 06, 2016 1:25 pm

Hello all,

It's been 4 months after visiting the embassy for RP for employed person. Officer told me that everything looking well and it will take a short time to get a result ..like a month. But no change after these time, it is still waiting for processing.

I cannot get any information from anyone/anywhere. I called the embassy before but they said, they have no idea about the progress and it goes on Finland side. Also I wrote email to the immigration office but no respond. Btw I'm non-eu citizen. How can I get info about the process?

On migri.fi they say it takes 4 months "at most". So is this normal?

Thank you

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Flossy1978

Re: It's been 4 months. Should I call the embassy again?

Post by Flossy1978 » Sat May 07, 2016 12:44 am

I think some people have waited 9 months or more.

If you keep calling them, they can delay and delay and delay the process of your permit. So I wouldn't do that.

I would just wait. These things can take a long time.

AldenG

Post by AldenG » Sat May 07, 2016 1:45 am

The whole agency is overwhelmed by the flood of refugees, so normal norms no longer apply.
As he persisted, I was obliged to tootle him gently at first and then, seeing no improvement, to trumpet him vigorously with my horn.

seti

Post by seti » Sat May 07, 2016 5:50 pm

@Flossy1978 thank you, you right.

@AldenG "flood of refugees" I was thinking the same as you said. Thank you

seti

Post by seti » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:09 pm

It's been 167 days / 5 months, 15 days.

14,428,800 seconds
240,480 minutes
4008 hours
167 days
23 weeks and 6 days
45.63% of 2016

so boring :cry:

farfaraway

Post by farfaraway » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:44 pm

I am waiting for my extended permit as well, not 4 months like your case, though. Migri website says that the average processing time for my permit type is 18 days but I have been waiting for more than 2 months already (applied around the end of Mar) :D

My first permit was in the same situation as well, it took more than 3 months to complete

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:55 am

farfaraway wrote:I am waiting for my extended permit as well, not 4 months like your case, though. Migri website says that the average processing time for my permit type is 18 days but I have been waiting for more than 2 months already (applied around the end of Mar) :D

My first permit was in the same situation as well, it took more than 3 months to complete
Maybe the permit extension takes longer than migri says because it isn't migri, usually, that decides those. Blame police when police is to blame.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

farfaraway

Post by farfaraway » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:46 pm

Upphew wrote:
farfaraway wrote:I am waiting for my extended permit as well, not 4 months like your case, though. Migri website says that the average processing time for my permit type is 18 days but I have been waiting for more than 2 months already (applied around the end of Mar) :D

Maybe the permit extension takes longer than migri says because it isn't migri, usually, that decides those. Blame police when police is to blame.
Well yes, I should have put the "blame" next to my next sentence where I mention the case for my first permit. Anyways, I know it's that time of the year again (student residence permit) + the whole refugee thing, so there is nothing one can do but to wait patiently :)