Where to find Korean Soybean paste and Black bean paste?

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
Shinomori

Post by Shinomori » Mon May 23, 2016 1:17 pm

Also known as Doenjang and Chunjang. I have seen asian markets here but these items were not there. May be because I could not find any dedicated korean supermarket. Also very few cooking ingredients are found if I focus on a certain asian cuisine and I have to mix and match for example with Thai and Japanese ingredients! U know what I mean! Is there any korean supermarket? Btw, i live in Turku :) . If there is no hope I can shop outside Turku or may be online.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

kiwijim

Re: Where to find Korean Soybean paste and Black bean paste?

Post by kiwijim » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:31 pm

Try these guys out, one of my favourite places http://east-asia-mart.fi/fi/
Image Image

Jollibee

Re: Where to find Korean Soybean paste and Black bean paste?

Post by Jollibee » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:31 am

There's a place called "China market" in central Turku. Here's a link to their facebook if you're interested: https://www.facebook.com/pages/China-Ma ... 0643639452
They sell imported products from many east-asian countries, including korea. I sometimes go there during school lunch breaks, so I know I have seen 된장 there, or at least someting very similar. However, they change their selections very frequently. I think you will be able to find at least something tho. And yes In finland especially in turku you cannot find east-asian products as easily as somewhere else, like maybe the country you're from or whatever. Also the site that was linked by kiwijim is an option, but their selection is very limited, prices are kind of high and apparently they are always out of stock. I have never used it, but it doesn't look good to me. If you're planning to do some certain perfected asian cuisine then you will probably have a bad time. You could even go check some finnish stores out, they may sell some stuff too, at least the biggest stores.