Exemption from conscription

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
niceguy40

Re: Exemption from conscription

Post by niceguy40 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:46 am

What's the cut off age where they no longer conscript you??? I'm surprised to even hear this.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:52 am

Read the thread, the answer is there.

niceguy40

Post by niceguy40 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:58 am

Kutittaa wrote:Why is everyone so scared of doing a little bit of time in the army...

well you should have the choice. People don't know what freedom is, until it's taken away. Army would be like prison if you don't want to be there. Even worse as you'd be working your ass off there. That would just suck. If I come out there and they ask me to go I'm not gonna stay. That's stupid. I'm just sick to death of tptb trying to enslave everyone in some way or another. It's stupid.

wolf80

Post by wolf80 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:39 pm

niceguy40 wrote:
Kutittaa wrote:Why is everyone so scared of doing a little bit of time in the army...

well you should have the choice. People don't know what freedom is, until it's taken away. Army would be like prison if you don't want to be there. Even worse as you'd be working your ass off there. That would just suck. If I come out there and they ask me to go I'm not gonna stay. That's stupid. I'm just sick to death of tptb trying to enslave everyone in some way or another. It's stupid.
In short, if you don't like the Finnish system then go and get the citizenship of a country that suits you better and does not have military service. Any philosophical debate about freedom is pointless. If you hold Finnish citizenship you have to do this service to your country.

Apart from that you have a choice between military and alternative service. That are the options.

niceguy40

Post by niceguy40 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:08 am

Rosamunda wrote:30

Your positive the cut off age is 30??? Just not sure I could handle going to the army at my age. That's just nuts. That's for younger people. Im older already.

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:37 am

Oh. But you have no problem turning up on the doorstep of a country you obviously know jack all about, but are wanting/expecting monetary and whatever else benefits you can get your hands on????

The Army isn't so bad. I thought the cut off was 33 years old? You have the choice to do public service instead. No one makes you work your arse off. Most men and women have a great time during their army time. They grow up, make friends and get to experience a way of life they would never have experienced otherwise.

You are such a special snowflake. I have run out of words to express my distaste for your expectations and complete and utter ignorance for a country you want to run to.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:56 am

niceguy40 wrote:
Rosamunda wrote:30

Your positive the cut off age is 30??? Just not sure I could handle going to the army at my age. That's just nuts. That's for younger people. Im older already.
To be exact the cut off age is 60, during war. And if you have done your service you can be called for refresher. Iirc new law doubles the maximum days one might serve after the initial service.

edit. http://finlex.fi/en/laki/kaannokset/2007/en20071438.pdf
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.