Right to Finnish Social security

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
myray

Post by myray » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:02 am

Hello,
Does anyone have any idea of cases where someone has lived abroad for a year and the person returns to Finland to claim benefits from kela? Is the person still covered by Finnish social security after living abroad for a year?My cousin moved abroad to a non EU for a year and has returned to Finland.he made a change of address.He is on a four year A permit.Now kela is telling him to bring all his flight tickets and more information regarding his stay abroad.What for? If he has worked or while living abroad,If not he won't be covered by the Finnish social security.Please kindly share your experiences if you've gone through this before and suggestions are highly welcomed.Thank you for your time

Br
Myray

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Right to Finnish Social security

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:41 am

myray wrote:Does anyone have any idea of cases where someone has lived abroad for a year and the person returns to Finland to claim benefits from kela? Is the person still covered by Finnish social security after living abroad for a year?My cousin moved abroad to a non EU for a year and has returned to Finland.he made a change of address.He is on a four year A permit.Now kela is telling him to bring all his flight tickets and more information regarding his stay abroad.What for? If he has worked or while living abroad,If not he won't be covered by the Finnish social security.
http://www.kela.fi/web/en/moving-abroad

myray

Post by myray » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:23 am

Hello!
Thank you for the link but it seems the officials at kela office are just annoying sometimes. They keep on requesting more and more documentation only to stress the customer.It seems one has to exercise a lot of patience when dealing with kela.

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:09 pm

Umm..... your friend wants money from the Finnish Government after disappearing for a year. You do what KELA wants, with pleasure.

myray

Post by myray » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:18 pm

Ha ha ha ha..you're so funny! moving abroad for a year on a temporal base doesn't mean disappearance at all.On kela website,it states that Finnish resident could move abroad on temporal bases and return to Finland and will still be covered by Finnish social security so far as the move isn't permanent.It wasn't a permanent move after all ,I don't seem to understand why kela is stressing the poor girl.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Depends what you did "in the computer" telling you moved. Wrong tickbox (to avoid paying certain fees) is a "free-for-all" for KELA, as they want to find the slightest excuse not to pay.

KELA is the "unpayment office", even you get a handout, they send 5 pages on how to complain on how being paid, so they can reverse the decision and not pay...
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:50 am

I wasn't being funny. And I didn't imply at all your friend couldn't have money. I said you do what KELA wants you to do and you do it with pleasure. Your friend wants money from the Government, to get it, you do what the Government wants, period. Nothing more, nothing less. It really is as simple as that.

leisl

Post by leisl » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:23 pm

I consider Kela employees to be probably the nicest, most helpful people in government offices that I've ever had to deal with. In any country.

Really, if you think Kela people are annoying, give the TE office a go one day and you'll change your tune.

Lavinia

Post by Lavinia » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:29 am

leisl wrote:I consider Kela employees to be probably the nicest, most helpful people in government offices that I've ever had to deal with. In any country.
I agree, they were always super helpful and kind... I don't know where everyone finds the nasty/mean ones.

rinso

Post by rinso » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:54 am

Lavinia wrote:
leisl wrote:I consider Kela employees to be probably the nicest, most helpful people in government offices that I've ever had to deal with. In any country.
I agree, they were always super helpful and kind... I don't know where everyone finds the nasty/mean ones.
They work not at the front desk but in the back office, rejecting applications.

myray

Post by myray » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:58 am

Yes...on the front desk they pretend to be nice (good customer services may be) by putting on a smile on their faces but behind the desk,they handle your applications without the smile. :thumbsdown. That's the most important part of it.Making a positive decision which affects you so greatly.Well,it might also depends on who is handling your applications :lol:
It seems similar cases but different decisions at the end.