New family reunification law - secure income requirement

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Marsh04

Re: New family reunification law - secure income requirement

Post by Marsh04 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:28 pm

Has the law come into force?Is there any income requirement for the Finnish nationals?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:30 pm

Marsh04 wrote:Has the law come into force?
The law was changed.
Marsh04 wrote: Is there any income requirement for the Finnish nationals?
No.

Honest

Post by Honest » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:53 pm

So what's the new law in short?

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:21 pm

Honest wrote:So what's the new law in short?
Go to the first page of this thread.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

Honest

Post by Honest » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:22 am

Beep_Boop wrote:
Honest wrote:So what's the new law in short?
Go to the first page of this thread.

What's there? Law hasn't changed the way it is discussed on the first page. So there is no useful information

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:56 pm

Honest wrote: What's there? Law hasn't changed the way it is discussed on the first page. So there is no useful information
https://www.eduskunta.fi/FI/vaski/Kasit ... +2016.aspx

The government ended up proposing changes mainly to recipients of international protection.

Tiwaz

Post by Tiwaz » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:40 am

Oombongo wrote:
Zwagger wrote:
Rip wrote: I think In some circles that would be considered "racist".

Did yo you try an appeal (I can see from your posting history that you got the decision some time during the last month) or considered if he could get a job and RP that basis?
Courts here are not exactly free. They work for the best interest of the government. Frack the taxpayers. They are only good to pay for salaries of elected clowns.
Frack the taxpayers?
Let's see...

Pisspoor (in terms of income for whole family) person decides they really like person from country X. They put on rings, maybe put bun in oven and then import the person from country X to Finland.

Ouchies. They cannot live on income of the pisspoor person who imported the person from country X. Who now has to step in and start shoveling money (in most cases indefinitely or until person from country X leaves again) to fill the gap between the income of pisspoor person and viable living?

Yes THE TAXPAYER! People who work hard and DO support their families and themselves. And then they are supposed to pay for these imported folk too? My wallet has enough hands grabbing money from it as it is. I really do not want any more of them.

Yes yes, so much love and waaaahhh wailing. Too bad. My sympathy has run out along with my excess funds that could be thrown around for no benefit for me or my family.

So as far as I am considered, while law is step in right direction, the original more stiff one would have been even better.