About my extended permit for studies

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Daniel2016

Post by Daniel2016 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:08 am

Hi all,
This is my second year of living here in Finland. I am a student and working part-time as well. I applied to renew my study permit last month(August) and I got an acknowlegment document to prove that I had applied for the permit.
My question is that, if I submit this document to my employer, can I work lawfully and how long can I work after the current study permit expires even if the new permit has not been issued?

Thanks in anticipation for your response to my question.

Regards,
Daniel.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

soo yee

Re: About my extended permit for studies

Post by soo yee » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:19 am

Hello,

This is based on my experience and answers from the police officer who I met when i submitted my application.

You can still continue to work as usual while waiting for the new permit.
As for the employer, you can submit a scancopy of the receipt (from the poliisi) to prove that you have submitted an application.

Of course, you can always visit the police station to get your questions answered.

Rip

Re: About my extended permit for studies

Post by Rip » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:33 am

Daniel2016 wrote: My question is that, if I submit this document to my employer, can I work lawfully and how long can I work after the current study permit expires even if the new permit has not been issued?
There is no time limit if you have an application (submitted while the earlier permit was still valid) being processed
(Aliens Act, section 80)