What documents do I need with me when I move to Finland?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Nic93

Post by Nic93 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:24 pm

I am from Greece what documents I need to translate when I move to Finland permanently ?Thanks!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

leisl

Re: What documents do I need with me when I move to Finland?

Post by leisl » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:02 am

Help us out, we've no clue why you're coming or what documents you even own.

Nic93

Post by Nic93 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:26 am

leisl wrote:Help us out, we've no clue why you're coming or what documents you even own.
Ok I am coming probably to find a job but I will try to explore other methods too Ι am staying to my brother, do I need to translate a birth and a family status certificate in finnish?Will they be required somewhere in finland?Btw I have an physical assistant diploma but I don't what I can do with that there since I don't know the language or I don't know if they can accept in some school with that

leisl

Post by leisl » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:46 am

To come for a holiday you need nothing.
To register as a resident you need to show the police evidence of sufficient earnings to support yourself.
You are correct you won't get professional work without speaking the language.

There are a lot of threads in here on the process for registering as an EU resident, have a look about and see which one suits your circumstances best.

Oho

Post by Oho » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:40 pm

leisl wrote: You are correct you won't get professional work without speaking the language.
Depends. My former office had about 20 foreign nationals out of circa 120 pretty much none of whom could cope with Finnish.

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:43 pm

I also have a professional job and don't speak Finnish (at least not particularly well) and several of my colleagues are the same. Best chance of finding a job is a nursing qualification ( geriatric care) or cooking skills neither of which require fluency. Good luck with your search. Having family here is a huge advantage.

leisl

Post by leisl » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:23 am

I was kinda basing it on the qualifications he/she has at present, and the lack of a concrete plan for Finland... it wasn't a blanket statement that nobody can do it or it can't happen in future.