Will My Residents Permit Be Rejected??

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Nilu

Post by Nilu » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:46 am

Good day all
Am worried my resident permit that I just applied for might be rejected . Am from Nigeria and I applied for a tourist visa from my country last year to visit my husband who is a Finnish citizen but I got rejected becoz they said that the reason was not ascertained. Am 25 and my husband is 38. We met abroad and have only seen each other three times before we got married. We have been together 2years now and we talk everyday. I have applied for a resident permit but I fear is going to get rejected again becoz I have a criminal record but I never went to jail. I traveled with a Forged document when I was 20 and i turned my self in and was convicted but got a suspended sentence. My husband know all about it. My husband is a very amazing person and I don't deserve him but I thank God every day for bringing him into my life. I want to make him happy but I hope the immigration don't judge me becoz of my past and where am from.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Oombongo

Re: Will My Residents Permit Be Rejected??

Post by Oombongo » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:17 pm

Nilu wrote:
Am 25 and my husband is 38.
doesn't matter
I have applied for a resident permit but I fear is going to get rejected again becoz I have a criminal record
no sh*t, sherlock.
but I never went to jail.
still got a medal in your criminal record. *slow clap*
I traveled with a Forged document when I was 20
stupidity on your side.
and i turned my self in
Why? saw a light at the end of the tunnel?

and was convicted but got a suspended sentence.
too bad.
My husband know all about it.
Doesn't matter to authorities.
My husband is a very amazing person and I don't deserve him
You clearly don't.
but I thank God every day for bringing him into my life.
not every hour? I am disappointed.
I want to make him happy but I hope the immigration don't judge me becoz of my past and where am from.
They will because the stunt that you pulled.

This lesson should be in every text book from primary school to Ph.D level.

Action => reaction
Decision => consequences

And world would be a lot better place.
Image Image

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:20 pm

roger_roger wrote: I think Europe has 10 years ban rule for using forged documents. If you were travelling to EU or Schengen with forged documents and were deported then I guess the information is passed around all related agencies to ban you the entry for 10 years. Your best bet could be your husband move to Nigeria and live happy married life there.
The OP should know if there is a ban in effect. They would have told OP when it was issued.

rinso

Post by rinso » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:30 am

I hope the immigration don't judge me becoz of my past and where am from.
Unlikely.
They access all the information they can get. Negative points are not decisive on their own, but they add up.
- Am from Nigeria
- Am 25 and my husband is 38.
- only seen each other three times before we got married.
- I have a criminal record
- tourist visa .... rejected
First impression is a fake marriage by someone who is willing to brake the law and is from a country with a not so good reputation.
But you know all this otherwise you wouldn't have asked.
Worrying doesn't help. Just wait.

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:47 am

I don't think this age difference will have any effect, unless of course one party is in mid/late teenage and second is a senior citizen.
Image Image

Nilu

Post by Nilu » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:24 pm

I think we should all be giving a second chance in life. No one is above mistake. We all have done something in life that we are not proud of but it's our decision to change or remain the same. I did something stupid and turned myself in to face the punishment but I was never punish but I changed. I have never been to Europe. So no it didn't happen in Europe.

rinso

Post by rinso » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:54 pm

I think we should all be giving a second chance in life. No one is above mistake.
I do agree with that. But immigration is not a rehabilitation office. Their job is to access the risk of misuse of the Finnish system.
And in the end it comes down to the interpretation of one man/woman handling your case.
In your case it could be useful to use an immigration lawyer to make sure you make the optimal application/appeal.

inkku

Post by inkku » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:59 pm

Schengen visa application is presented to all Schengen countries, and any one of them can veto it. Could have an impact on you if you messed with any of them.

Nilu

Post by Nilu » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:16 am

Thanks everyone for your input. I really appreciate your time and advice.

bangalimahbub

Post by bangalimahbub » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:13 am

Last edited by bangalimahbub on Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nilu

Post by Nilu » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:55 pm

1: where you first time met him? And those three times you met with him was it in Nigeria?

We met online, chatted for 4 months and talked everyday before he came to see me first and second time in Hong Kong. The third time was in Nigeria

2: in which country you tried to enter with forged documents?

I entered Hong Kong with the Forge document.i told them the passport was Forge and I wasn't charged until 5year later when I wanted to leave the country. I was living there as a refugee
While I was there I never did anything wrong. I studied

3: did you get married in Nigeria?

Yes I got married in Nigeria

4: did you apply visit visa with police clearance certificate as well invitation from him and a return ticket+prove of marrige ? In

I applied when we were still dating not married and I submitted all the required documents including photos and conversation with invitation letter from him

what ground they rejected you?

I was rejected becoz they said I don't have any reason to come back to Nigeria

5: in your Resident Permit did you submit legalized marriage certificate+Police clearance certificate+wedding pics etc.

I submitted copied of marriage certificate becoz my husband is with the original and our marriage album. I don't have any police clearance certificate

6: did he registered the marriage in finland?

Yes our marriage is registered in Finland

7: elaborate as much you can about your case, this way people can advice you much easier
Thank you

bangalimahbub

Post by bangalimahbub » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:35 pm

Last edited by bangalimahbub on Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ernixl

Post by ernixl » Tue May 03, 2016 5:14 am

The only problem I can possibly see is your looking for a problem in a solution.

I believe your situation has changed since the last time you got a negative decision for a visa. If I were in your shoes, I'd put in the application for residence permit and submit all the required documents.

I believe you should be fine.

Nilu

Post by Nilu » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:12 am

after 6 months of waiting for the immigration to give us a decision. they finally sent a letter to my husband asking him more question! he answered the question and sent it back and then they sent him another letter the following week with the same questions. plz have anyone being through this before? immigration sending letter twice with same questions..

rinso

Post by rinso » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:33 am

immigration sending letter twice with same questions..
Imagine what would happen if your answers were not the same.......