RP renewal processing time

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
jammers

Post by jammers » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:40 pm

hi,

I'm Russian, recently married and I took my husband's surname. I've applied for a new passport from my embassy and it will be ready in the beginning of November or the beginning of December. I don't know when!

We want to go to Britian for christmas and new year. If I travel on my old passport, the names on the ticket have to be in my old surname. If I travel on my new passport they have to been my new surname. SAS wants 65 euros to change them.

I booked two appointments in the police station for a new residence permit. One in November, one in December. I read that I have to do this to get a new card, and I have to get a new card as soon as I get a new passport.

If I pick up my passport, they destroy my old one. I also read on info pankii that the information in my residence card must be the same as in my passport.

Does anyone know how long it takes to issue a new residency permit? If it takes a week, then I will book under my new surname, if it takes longer, then I will wait and collect my passport in the new year.

Any advice would be appreciated

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Ozmotix

Re: RP renewal processing time

Post by Ozmotix » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:07 am

hi,

I'm no expert on this but from what I know printing of the card takes around 2 weeks only after the decision and nobody can tell how long the decision will take.

So my advice would be to travel on your old surname. You can use your old passport for 6 months after the date you registered your marriage (you can confirm this with the airport authorities) .

leisl

Post by leisl » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:33 pm

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:24 pm

jammers wrote: I booked two appointments in the police station for a new residence permit. One in November, one in December. I read that I have to do this to get a new card, and I have to get a new card as soon as I get a new passport.

If I pick up my passport, they destroy my old one. I also read on info pankii that the information in my residence card must be the same as in my passport.

Does anyone know how long it takes to issue a new residency permit? If it takes a week, then I will book under my new surname, if it takes longer, then I will wait and collect my passport in the new year.
You only need to apply for a new residence permit card. This is a much faster process than a new permit. You do have a right to go to the police station and queue. This would be the fastest way to get it (the queuing does not have to be fast). If you want to know how long it takes, it's best to contact your local police station directly.