Nordea login error

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
-XD-

Nordea login error

Post by -XD- » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:58 pm

Hi all!
Just wondering if anybody knows why I get the following error:

"Tunnistautuminen ei ole mahdollista tällä sopimuksella (V2360M26)"

My account has been working fine all along, except this shows up if I try to log in via Nordea to Vero, or to do the address change for example.
Thanks a lot :)

Nordea login error

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

-XD-

Re: Nordea login error

Post by -XD- » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:36 pm

Thank you!

mugetsu

Post by mugetsu » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:01 pm

Hello.

I have the same problem.
Help!

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:30 pm

mugetsu wrote:I have the same problem.
Help!
Nordea gave you internet banking (Netbank/verkkopankki) but not online ID (tupas). You have to specifically ask for it from the bank. Go to the bank and ask for online ID and explain that online banking is working, but you cannot login to Vero. They'll know exactly how to fix it.
Get ready to be frustrated, though.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:09 pm

Is not easy to get that one. Especially if you don't have long history with Nordea...

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:43 pm

tavastia wrote:Is not easy to get that one. Especially if you don't have long history with Nordea...
Getting tupas is only a matter of having the right documents. For non Europeans the easiest way to go about it is to get the id card for foreigners from the Police.

http://poliisi.fi/identity_card

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:50 pm

betelgeuse wrote:For non Europeans the easiest way to go about it is to get the id card for foreigners from the Police.

http://poliisi.fi/identity_card
This hasn't been my experience nor any non-EU person I know, despite having this ID, and having jobs, and getting salary to the bank account. Nordea just makes it very difficult for you, each employee tells you something different (come back after 3 months, maybe 6 months, after you get permanent residence, you need EU passport, and several other different things they throw at you), emailing their HQ doesn't help, emailing their Ombudsman doesn't help (https://www.nordea.fi/en/about-nordea/a ... dsman.html). Once in a blue moon you'll hear someone got it with no issues, but it's very rare.

I know I know, you'll suggest some legal action that can be taken, but most people don't want to go into that with a bank. Most people just switch to a different bank. Or that consumer/equality ombudsman has ruled something, but doesn't affect anything in Nordea's process.

Nordea is genuinely the worst when it comes to giving tupas access to non-EU people.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:51 pm

Beep_Boop wrote: This hasn't been my experience nor any non-EU person I know, despite having this ID, and having jobs, and getting salary to the bank account. Nordea just makes it very difficult for you, each employee tells you something different (come back after 3 months, maybe 6 months, after you get permanent residence, you need EU passport, and several other different things they throw at you), emailing their HQ doesn't help, emailing their Ombudsman doesn't help (https://www.nordea.fi/en/about-nordea/a ... dsman.html). Once in a blue moon you'll hear someone got it with no issues, but it's very rare.
I think you are talking about getting online banking in the first place and not about adding tupas to existing online banking access (the topic of this thread). I was talking about the latter. My most recent experience was for a new employee that while it takes a while to get the online banking access otherwise the process worked even if somewhat bureaucratic.
Beep_Boop wrote: I know I know, you'll suggest some legal action that can be taken, but most people don't want to go into that with a bank. Most people just switch to a different bank. Or that consumer/equality ombudsman has ruled something, but doesn't affect anything in Nordea's process.
Well for a long time Danske was your only other choice for banking in English. OP is probably there now. Don't know about others.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:40 pm

betelgeuse wrote:I think you are talking about getting online banking in the first place and not about adding tupas to existing online banking access (the topic of this thread).
I'm talking about tupas - I specifically mentioned tupas in my comment. If I wanted to talk about regular online banking, I'd have said that. In fact, if you look at my previous comment before that one, you'll see that I made the distinction.
betelgeuse wrote:My most recent experience was for a new employee that while it takes a while to get the online banking access otherwise the process worked even if somewhat bureaucratic.
I also mentioned how in some rare occasions in works for no reasons at all. If your employee is non-EU, then congratulate him on being one of the very lucky ones who manage to get tupas with Nordea in the ease you're describing.
betelgeuse wrote:Well for a long time Danske was your only other choice for banking in English. OP is probably there now. Don't know about others.
I'm not talking about English. I'm specifically talking about access to tupas. Nordea makes the process very difficult and it takes months of back and forth with them.
After 6 months of waiting, emails, calls, and branch visits, I switched to another bank (which doesn't use English). It took 1 week to get internet banking and 2 weeks after that to get tupas access.
Last edited by Beep_Boop on Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JK_Ironak

Post by JK_Ironak » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:29 pm

So... I finally got around to try to sort out tupas with Nordea, it happens too often that I need it... I am EU national, have been getting pay checks to Nordea for half a year now (they gave me online banking 4 months ago). I sent them an email enquiring what I need to do to get it, and told them I am from EU. They told me I need to give them extract from the population register (I did show it to them when I opened my account) and an ID issued by the Finnish authorities... Is the finnish ID requirement legit, or are they just being a**holes?

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:09 pm

The TUPAS is used to identify you with Finnish government offices. So yes, you need a Finnish government-issued ID.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:55 pm

JK_Ironak wrote:They told me I need to give them extract from the population register (I did show it to them when I opened my account) and an ID issued by the Finnish authorities... Is the finnish ID requirement legit, or are they just being a**holes?
It's not legit.
Ensitunnistamisessa, joka perustuu yksinomaan viranomaisen myöntämään henkilöllisyyttä osoittavaan asiakirjaan, hyväksyttäviä asiakirjoja ovat voimassa oleva Euroopan talousalueen jäsenvaltion, Sveitsin tai San Marinon viranomaisen myöntämä passi tai henkilökortti. Halutessaan tunnistusvälineen tarjoaja voi käyttää henkilöllisyyden varmentamisessa myös muun valtion viranomaisen myöntämää voimassa olevaa passia
http://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/2 ... 0617#L3P17

JK_Ironak

Post by JK_Ironak » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:06 pm

Despite the initial refusal, when I pressed a bit, I managed to get the TUPAS with my ETA passport and paper from Maistraatti.

I don't really get what is the point in treating customers in such a way :?

lkpro91

Post by lkpro91 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:30 am

I got the same problem despite having a Finnish ID. Once I was at Nordea, they advised me to get a Finnish ID, bring it to them so that I can sign in. I did it and now I can't still log in with Nordea.
What should I do then?

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:39 am

lkpro91 wrote:What should I do then?
Contact Nordea. If they don't sort it out for you, and you really want tupas, then switch to another bank.