Is it possible or not ?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Hannah11

Is it possible or not ?

Post by Hannah11 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:46 pm

Hello everyone who is reading this and thank you in advance for your answers . My mother got married in Finland with a man she has been with for 4 years and i am really happy for this . Now i am missing her badly we have never been apart and it is really intolerable for me not to have her around anymore. I am an adult 25 years old but all i had in my life was her. I live in albania now do not missunderstand me i get paid really good and also i have a great job but without her nothing else matters. Is there any chance to get family reunification in this age ? Or i should apply for a job there ? Will finland recognize my university if i do so ? If not can i study in finland again ? I am finding it really hard and i thought to ask you here first.

Is it possible or not ?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Is it possible or not ?

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:05 pm

Hannah11 wrote:Is there any chance to get family reunification in this age ?
No, for family members of non EU citizens.
Hannah11 wrote: Or i should apply for a job there ?
Yes.
Hannah11 wrote: Will finland recognize my university if i do so ?
Depends on the degree, if you have to, for example, study more.
Hannah11 wrote: If not can i study in finland again ?
Yes if you can support yourself to mee the requirements for the student residence permit.

Hannah11

Post by Hannah11 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:16 pm

Thank you for your answers . Yes i can support myself if i study again there . I have a degree in law and i am currently also studying finances but i guess i need finnish language to study there right ? Anyway thank you . :)

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:17 pm

Hannah11 wrote:Yes i can support myself if i study again there . I have a degree in law and i am currently also studying finances but i guess i need finnish language to study there right ? Anyway thank you . :)
Regarding the support thing, check www.migri.fi to see what they think about that. Basically you'll need to show enough cash in bank during the first application. You don't necessarily need Finnish to study, but then there are tuition and selection of programmes to think about.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Hannah11

Post by Hannah11 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:00 pm

Thank you for all the informations .

rinso

Post by rinso » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:18 am

Hannah11 wrote:Thank you for your answers . Yes i can support myself if i study again there . I have a degree in law and i am currently also studying finances but i guess i need finnish language to study there right ? Anyway thank you . :)
Law is one of the most difficult fields to get into the university. I don't think that it is a realistic option to study it.
Your degree could be recognized but you'll probably have to do an additional course to get up to speed with the Finnish situation. And again the language will be a major draw back.
You could look for work in an international company if your specialization meets their needs. But don't get your hopes up high, it will be very difficult.