Kela Support

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
EduardoGrey

Kela Support

Post by EduardoGrey » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:03 am

I moved to Finland on April 2016 and applied for the residence permit on the basis of family ties on 31st of May 2016 (Married to a Finn), Since then I have been spending my savings in this long wait of the permit to be able to work, currently running out of money. As I don´t have the right to work yet, my question is, in case the residence permit is granted by the 9th month of waiting (limit given by Kela)... Does Kela pay something for the period of time I have been unable to work? I mean, like a retroactive payment of the time that I have been waiting for the permit, if so, does someone know how much would it be or how to calculate it? I appreciate your help.

Kela Support

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Kela Support

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:04 pm

EduardoGrey wrote:Does Kela pay something for the period of time I have been unable to work? I mean, like a retroactive payment of the time that I have been waiting for the permit, if so, does someone know how much would it be or how to calculate it? I appreciate your help.
Are you enrolled in TE-office? The right to unemployment support can only start after you are enrolled. Depending on the situation of your spouse you can be retroactively eligible for housing benefits for from the previous month forward. Your municipality social services will be able to help with your situation by getting the full picture from you.

EduardoGrey

Post by EduardoGrey » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:23 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
EduardoGrey wrote:Does Kela pay something for the period of time I have been unable to work? I mean, like a retroactive payment of the time that I have been waiting for the permit, if so, does someone know how much would it be or how to calculate it? I appreciate your help.
Are you enrolled in TE-office? The right to unemployment support can only start after you are enrolled. Depending on the situation of your spouse you can be retroactively eligible for housing benefits for from the previous month forward. Your municipality social services will be able to help with your situation by getting the full picture from you.
Thanks for replying.
Can´t enroll in TE-office because I´m not in the system yet, I could access to TE-office once migri grants the residence permit which still takes a while. My spouse is working but we are paying all the expenses together, 50/50. I have registered in Maistraatti, they gave me an ID number or personal Identity code but that number doesn´t count much until I get the residence permit. I´m from a NON-EU country but I was reading in Kelas website, it says that from the first time I entered in Finland, I should be covered by the Finnish social security system, it hasn´t been possible due to the long time migri has taken to make a decision. So, in the end I wonder if Kela would pay any benefit for this time that I have been unable to work, of course if the residence permit is granted.

Kössi K

Post by Kössi K » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:27 am

Nope, Kela will only pay you unemployment benefits, if a) you have been enrolled at TE, and b) from the day that the residence permit (A-permit), is granted. No retroactive pay, but only from the permit approval date onward that shows on the card.

My spouse was on the lists of TE since the B-permit, but of course got no benefits - but at least the details & current job application were in the system. Then after the res.permit A was received in the mail, went to TE to show the card there, same with Kela.
Joha mie sanoi, vaikken mittää virkkant.