EU Citizen moving to FInland

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
MrGurzo

Post by MrGurzo » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:28 pm

HI everybody I'm RIccardo, I'm moving to Finland pretty soon as a job seeker (recently graduated in Urban Design in Milan, Italy). Do anybody know how many days (if are days) I will have to wait until my registration to poliisi will be accepted?.
I already know there are not prefixed ammount of saving requested (I have no job and family ties in Finlad, so I'm applying because able to maintain my self), but from what I read on this forum I'm kind of "safe" because I have more than 12k euro on my bank account. This money are provided by my parents.
Do I need to prove they are lecit saving (provided by my family) and if yes, do you know how? Is it enough to bring with me the copy of my parents ID plus their bank-account credentials (the bank account were my founds were saved) for ex.?
Last question: Do I need to register my right of residence before I can rent a room/flat, right?
Thanks ;)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: EU Citizen moving to FInland

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:00 pm

MrGurzo wrote:HI everybody I'm RIccardo, I'm moving to Finland pretty soon as a job seeker (recently graduated in Urban Design in Milan, Italy). Do anybody know how many days (if are days) I will have to wait until my registration to poliisi will be accepted?.
The expected processing time is 3 days.

https://www.poliisi.fi/licences/processing_times
MrGurzo wrote: I already know there are not prefixed ammount of saving requested (I have no job and family ties in Finlad, so I'm applying because able to maintain my self), but from what I read on this forum I'm kind of "safe" because I have more than 12k euro on my bank account. This money are provided by my parents.
Do I need to prove they are lecit saving (provided by my family) and if yes, do you know how? Is it enough to bring with me the copy of my parents ID plus their bank-account credentials (the bank account were my founds were saved) for ex.?
They are not your funds if they are on your parents' bank account. They need to transfer it to your account and even then it will seem suspicious if the transfer is recent.
MrGurzo wrote: Last question: Do I need to register my right of residence before I can rent a room/flat, right?
You do not.

MrGurzo

Post by MrGurzo » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:35 pm

betelgeuse wrote: They are not your funds if they are on your parents' bank account. They need to transfer it to your account and even then it will seem suspicious if the transfer is recent.
They are already on my personal bank account, but they are recent (a couple of days ago actually), and yeah I can understand why they are somehow suspicious, that's why I would like to know if I can provide some other proofs of their legitimacy.

Thanks anyway for the other answers, I didn't see the "processing time" page! my fault! :)

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:18 pm

If you come next year, they are changing the system
http://www.migri.fi/residence_permits/m ... le_permits
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

MrGurzo

Post by MrGurzo » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:35 pm

Pursuivant wrote:If you come next year, they are changing the system
http://www.migri.fi/residence_permits/m ... le_permits
I know! I'm coming in December for that reason (didn't say it in the first post though), so I want to come "totally" prepared and have my right of residence ASAP, to avoid the pain of "changing" :D

Kifkfo

Post by Kifkfo » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:48 am

What? With 12k one can register oneself and get permit (for how long?)?

Have you thought about how are you going to support yourself? Do you speak Finnish? Probably easier for you to find a job in Northern Italy than in Finland.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:12 pm

Kifkfo wrote:What? With 12k one can register oneself and get permit (for how long?)?
This thread is about EU citizens. EU citizens usually do not need permits. Since the registration is not a permit, there's no time limit involved. However, EU citizens can be deported during the first five years. if they become a burden on the social security system.