Thanks

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
leisl

Re: Child and mother wants to come back to Finland

Post by leisl » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:56 pm

You haven't told us anything about your citizenship(s) or your child's citizenship(s) or what was the basis for your previous residence permits.

Visas are totally different. Visa is for visiting, residence permit is for residing.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:12 pm

I wonder if the parent/s aren't Finnish, but the child was born in Finland? So the poster might think they can return because the child was born there? Because the poster wrote their permit was over. If this is the case, I don't think you can came back so easily. There has to be a reason for the parent to come back - work permit, partner is Finnish etc.

Amerik

Post by Amerik » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:14 pm

Oh sorry, i am a non-eu citizen. That's why I am talking about getting a visa to come back with the child.

Flossy1978

Re: Thanks

Post by Flossy1978 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:55 pm

It is not a "visa". It is a Resident Permit. If you, the parents are not Finnish, neither is your child. You need to have a proper reason to get a Resident Permit. Your child previously being born in Finland, but isn't Finnish, won't work. If your child is Finnish because one of the Parents is, it should be easy to return.

You need to apply for either a work or study permit.