RP application and Process while in Finland

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Otoyoblak

Post by Otoyoblak » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:36 pm

Hi,
I would like to know if it's more faster to apply for RP family ties while in Finland or can apply from country of residence since I don't live in my country of origin.Have visited Finland many times on visit visa but now my wife Finnish citizen has suggested when I visit next time I don't have to go back because she wants us to start living together in Finland. My question how long will it take to process RP when am in Finland is it faster than applying while am in my country of residence.

Regards

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Pursuivant

Re: RP application and Process while in Finland

Post by Pursuivant » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:22 am

There has been stories of a mysterious time dilation effect, the closer you get to the MIGRI head office, the longer your process takes. In other words, be prepared you will be sitting on your ass doing nothing 3-6-9 months... however long it takes.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Otoyoblak

Post by Otoyoblak » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:38 pm

Am not in Finland yet cause a have a job in another country away from my country of origin since my wife want me to resign my job come to Finland and apply RP from there and start a family life together it's been 5 years since we got married registered both in Finland and my country of origin we both tired of distance relationship it involves a lot of time,patience and money spent on tickets to travel to see each other every two months ,have tried to convince my wife to get a job here but she is not comfortable in this country where am working right now even though she can get a good job but she prefers working in Finland.

So am not sure if the processing would be more faster in Finland than applying it here even though my wife dosent want me to wait out there and I also don't want to come stay home doing nothing waiting for my RP.

Ozmotix

Post by Ozmotix » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:50 pm

hi,

you now can apply online and prove your identity either in one of the finnish embassies or, if you are in finland already, in a police station. there is really not much of a difference in the application, the real difference is after you apply. if you leave your job and come to finland you are not allowed to work until you get your permit. read the migri. fi site carefully, there are answers to many questions there. you can also try calling them.

Otoyoblak

Post by Otoyoblak » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:52 pm

Thank you for the info hope I'll get all necessary information and make some decision.

Rip

Post by Rip » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:56 pm

Otoyoblak wrote:or can apply from country of residence

Yes.

It is impossible to tell how long it takes to get the residence permit, but it can be several months.

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:26 pm

Depending on the country you are currently in, it is usually much quicker to apply outside of Finland. If all your paperwork is in order, it can be as quick as a couple of weeks. Apply outside of the country, so you can keep working and saving and having healthcare etc. It is better than sitting in the dark cold winter, no money,no job, nothing.

Otoyoblak

Post by Otoyoblak » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:51 pm

Thank you for the info yeah it's true I should apply outside Finland in my country of residence to continue earning my salary and receiving all my benefits anyway let me convince my wife since she think maybe I just don't want to relocate for other reasons.