How many months I need to work to get unemployed benefit?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Nic93

Re: How many months I need to work to get unemployed benefit

Post by Nic93 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:33 am

Flossy1978 wrote:
Grow up and do the right thing, instead of trying to get it easy. Work and study on your own time. Like most good honest decent people do.
In those courses they also give you homework ,I will not have time for them and probably because of that not learn good ,eventually lose focus, compared to if my focus was only there

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rinso

Post by rinso » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:46 am

Nic93 wrote:
Flossy1978 wrote:
Grow up and do the right thing, instead of trying to get it easy. Work and study on your own time. Like most good honest decent people do.
In those courses they also give you homework ,I will not have time for them and probably because of that not learn good ,eventually lose focus, compared to if my focus was only there
:flowerhat:
This says it all! You're just not capable of putting in some extra effort to improve your situation. It has to be handed to you on a silver plate.
Forget Finland, you're never gona make it here.

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:44 am

Come on. The adult courses are usually a few times a week. Don't tell us you work more than 40 hours a week, all seven days of the week?

You sound like some of these "millennial" young adults. Lazy as sh*t, expecting free hand outs and an easy way through life. Grow up! Lots of young and older adults work full time AND study pretty much full time AND have families. They seem to get their homework done. You aren't a special case.

I hope you don't get any money.

wolf80

Post by wolf80 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:07 am

Nic93 wrote:In those courses they also give you homework ,I will not have time for them and probably because of that not learn good ,eventually lose focus, compared to if my focus was only there
That's absolute nonsense! There are also very good courses in adult education (check Ilmonet.fi) and it is no problem doing an intensive course 3 times a week in the evening! You cannot expect society to pay for your life while you slowly learn Finnish! And if you are unemployed you are expected to use your full time to seek a job, you cannot decide on your own that you want to do a full-time language course. (You can ask your TE-office worker though if they would agree on it. They probably won't.)

As you are an EU citizen and not a family member of a Finnish citizen you will not get any integration courses and packages. That easy.

You absolutely overestimate the money you will get. The basic unemployment benefit you can get, if you really worked these 6 months and got fired by the company, is 703 Euro. Of that you have to pay 20% income tax, so you will get 562,4 Euro into your account.

Housing benefits are calculated according to community you live in, not your rent. In Helsinki that is 508 Euro a month, in other communities less. And then you are expected to pay 20% yourself, so the maximum you get in your account is 406,40 Euro. Now the clue, if you live with sb else in a common household their income is also counted for your eligibility for housing benefits. You have a roommate with a normal salary then you will not get any housing benefits. You say it's just your roommate and not your life-partner? Kela doesn't care!

So, the maximum, if you live alone or with sb else who is on benefits, is 968,80 Euro a month. You should be long enough in Finland to know that this is not enough to really live here. It's definitely not a good life. And you are still expected to seek work full-time, you cannot study, and you cannot visit courses over a certain amount of time a week. If TE-office or KELA finds out you will have to pay back the benefits you received. If you think that's unfair, I don't care. Keep your job and pay yourself for your life!

Stamina86

Post by Stamina86 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:26 pm

This thread has really annoyed me. The OP sounds like some snotty little liberal who's been wrapped in cotton wool all his life. Work and don't quit it just to go on unemployment benefits. If you want to study then do that off your own back, like many do. My best mate in Helsinki works, studies full time and raises a baby. He doesn't make excuses like I can't work because there's too much "homework" blah blah blah. I wonder how you'd feel Nic if people came from outside your country just to sit around on benefits? Personally I'd like to give you a good kick up the backside. I'm unfortunately not lucky enough to have found work in Finland so have left for a few months to go away and work. I don't want to rely on benefits and you should have the same attitude. If you get work be grateful you have a job.

As someone has pointed out, I don't think Finland is for you.

anonfinn

Post by anonfinn » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:20 pm

delete