Declaration of "refunded salary"

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
tflmonte

Post by tflmonte » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:28 pm

I'm wondering if anyone has had similar situation or knows where to declare this in the tax card.

Last year my former company was short on cash so they offered to give us stock options in exchange for part of our salaries (the percentage of salary to be exchanged was to each one's discretion). I decided to deduct 500€ over 4 months to buy the options, so that was 2000€ taken from my gross salary (I didn't pay tax over that).

I switched jobs in August last year and my former company continues shaking like a 70 year old with Parkinson disease so I asked them if it was possible to sell the options back to them. After go/no-go/go-again they finally decided that those could be sold to new employees, because of course they continue really short on cash. So these were paid as "salary refund" and the pay slip came with an outrageous 60% tax rate, which turns out is what gets retained if you didn't deliver your tax card -> https://www.vero.fi/en-US/Individuals/T ... ome(32332)

"Make sure you hand over the tax card to your employer at an early stage, preferably some two weeks in advance of your next payday. If you fail to give your employer the card, they must withhold 60% of your pay. Any extra withholding collected that way will be paid back as a tax refund, if it is not given back to you otherwise."

There's still one month to go this year so I could declare this already on my tax card and get the tax aligned on this year's December salary instead of waiting until the tax return next year. I'm just not sure where to declare it, is it under secondary employment, or "other income"?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

harryc

Re: Declaration of "refunded salary"

Post by harryc » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:06 pm

my former company continues shaking like a 70 year old with Parkinson disease
Is it really decent - to pull out of the air - that kind of allegory?

There are, unfortunately, plenty of people with Parkinson's and it is a horrible, totally debilitating disease. People should really try to control raw. inhuman descriptions such as these. Thanks.

Making that kind of unsympathetic statement about some unknown person - who is undergoing a cruel disease - through no fault of their own - certainly doesn't give any incentive or motivation to anyone spending their own time and energy to give you any help with YOUR problem which seems to be that you probably have too much money, anyhow.

tflmonte

Post by tflmonte » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:35 pm

Relax, I didn't mean to be offensive.

harryc

Post by harryc » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:12 pm

But you absolutely were.

You need to apologize and state that you now know that you should not play games with other people's misery**!

No - I won't relax - and neither should any other human being when they realize they have to speak up!

** The mother of my children has been lying in a clinic - for 15 years - as a vegetable - with Parkinson's - and I have to read your blabbety-blah! You're not worth any more time.

tflmonte

Post by tflmonte » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:35 pm

Sorry to hear that.

harryc

Post by harryc » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:57 pm

OK - where's your apology - and realization that - in the future - you better realize you are not alone on this planet?

Rip

Post by Rip » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:13 pm

harryc wrote:OK - where's your apology
For what exactly? He made no reference to you, your family or actually any other real person either.
and realization that - in the future - you better realize you are not alone on this planet?
You're not alone either. Also you're not particularly alone in the group that have witnessed, illness or suffering or death.

harryc

Post by harryc » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:59 am

harryc wrote:
OK - where's your apology

For what exactly? He made no reference to you, your family or actually any other real person either.
Are you serious? All people with Parkinson's and all the people in those 'circles!!!.'
and realization that - in the future - you better realize you are not alone on this planet?

You're not alone either. Also you're not particularly alone in the group that have witnessed, illness or suffering or death.
Yes - and? I surely do not go around shooting off my mouth in an irresponsible and crude way that can only serve to hurt and insult other people.

'Jeopardy' sells vowels - looks like we need a program to sell sensitivity!

Piet

Post by Piet » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:49 pm

harryc wrote:
my former company continues shaking like a 70 year old with Parkinson disease
Is it really decent - to pull out of the air - that kind of allegory?

There are, unfortunately, plenty of people with Parkinson's and it is a horrible, totally debilitating disease. People should really try to control raw. inhuman descriptions such as these. Thanks.

Making that kind of unsympathetic statement about some unknown person - who is undergoing a cruel disease - through no fault of their own - certainly doesn't give any incentive or motivation to anyone spending their own time and energy to give you any help with YOUR problem which seems to be that you probably have too much money, anyhow.
Pfff.

Little over sensitive? you should stay away from forums if you cannot handle a remark like that, there is clearly no intend to be rude to a whole group of people suffering from Parkinson, it actually makes very good clear how the state of the company was, especially to those familiar with the disease. As you said yourself, it is an allegory.

But maybe I am to insensitive 8)
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

harryc

Post by harryc » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:58 am

Incredible - just like Drumpf with his mockery of the disabled.

Oversensitive? My foot! You CAN'T describe 'shaking in fear' by alluding to people with the horrible Parkinson's!!! If I comment on a Forum I don't have to be expecting to speak to the #¤%& of the human race. If I'm voting for President of the USA, it's a different matter. :twisted:

inkku

Post by inkku » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:43 am

OP, please contact Verotoimisto, you can either call them or go there yourself, that is not a standard case, I don't think it will be easy get reasonable advice here. And better to to adjust the vero% straight.