Eu citizen unemployed and starting finnish courses?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Nic93

Post by Nic93 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:38 pm

Let's say I am greek and I want to bring a greek person here, I know that you can register as unemployed but only for 3 months do you think it's possible that they will accept him and offer him to study some finnish courses in the time of 3 months?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

anonfinn

Re: Eu citizen unemployed and starting finnish courses?

Post by anonfinn » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:21 pm

deleted
Last edited by anonfinn on Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nic93

Post by Nic93 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:52 pm

anonfinn wrote:That person needs to be registered with the police to get language courses. And to get registered, you need to have a legitimate reason to be here (a job, family or a study place).
If they accept him in the language courses then he is consider a student

wolf80

Post by wolf80 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:57 pm

Nic93 wrote:Let's say I am greek and I want to bring a greek person here, I know that you can register as unemployed but only for 3 months do you think it's possible that they will accept him and offer him to study some finnish courses in the time of 3 months?
Any EU citizen can come and visit Finland for 3 months, and register as jobseeker (which is not the same as 'unemployed'). No, there will be no offers for courses, but the person can of course do a Finnish course in this time on his own.

Bottom line, Finland will pay for nothing. Nothing at all. No unemployment money. No social benefits. No paid Finnish courses. No social security including health insurance. That you only get when you are here as a) employee, b) student or c) family member of a Finnish citizen or holder of a residence permit.

anonfinn

Post by anonfinn » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:42 pm

deleted
Last edited by anonfinn on Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nic93

Post by Nic93 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:37 pm

wolf80 wrote:
Nic93 wrote:Let's say I am greek and I want to bring a greek person here, I know that you can register as unemployed but only for 3 months do you think it's possible that they will accept him and offer him to study some finnish courses in the time of 3 months?
Any EU citizen can come and visit Finland for 3 months, and register as jobseeker (which is not the same as 'unemployed'). No, there will be no offers for courses, but the person can of course do a Finnish course in this time on his own.

Bottom line, Finland will pay for nothing. Nothing at all. No unemployment money. No social benefits. No paid Finnish courses. No social security including health insurance. That you only get when you are here as a) employee, b) student or c) family member of a Finnish citizen or holder of a residence permit.
You can transfer unemployed benefits to Finland if you are are eu citizen ,any eu citizen who had done what I described?

wolf80

Post by wolf80 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:29 pm

Nic93 wrote: You can transfer unemployed benefits to Finland if you are are eu citizen ,any eu citizen who had done what I described?
Yes, which basically means that your country of last employment will continue to pay your unemployment benefits, if you follow procudure. http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/wo ... dex_en.htm Depending on the country this could be quite some paperwork, and it will probably take much longer than usual to receive those benefits. So basically you can't count on living of that money as you most likely will get it much later.

Also all social security and health insurance matters belong to your country of last employment, not to Finland. You can only get something out of the system here if you paid something in, which I hope makes sense to you.

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:05 am

Jesus.

So not only do you expect and want the Finnish Government to fund your life, you now want to bring your friends over and do the same thing.

What a lazy freeloader you and your friends are.

Nic93

Post by Nic93 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:11 am

Flossy1978 wrote:Jesus.

So not only do you expect and want the Finnish Government to fund your life, you now want to bring your friends over and do the same thing.

What a lazy freeloader you and your friends are.
Is there any moderator here? I thought this was a serious forum to ask questions

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:57 am

Those "Finnish studies" do not make a "student", that is for "degree studies". And if you come to Finland for the purpose of studying, you won't be eligible for student handouts (logical there).

Likewise, "looking for work" does not make you "unemployed", that requires you to first have worked at least for 6 months to "be in the system" (logical too).

With the "freedom of movement" you can come for 3 months to "look for work", and if you are getting 2c a day from your country they will pay that. After 3 months, if you have not found work.... "freedom of movement"...
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

wolf80

Post by wolf80 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:26 pm

Nic93 wrote: Is there any moderator here? I thought this was a serious forum to ask questions
For what? Considering the questions you are still treated rather nicely.

You are aware that all of your questions in this forum are directed at getting free money and services out of the Finnish social security system even though you did not contribute to it? Which basically means that you (and now your friends it seems) want part of the tax money that working members of this group paid into the system. You are asking people here how you can get part of their tax money for free, did you think about that?

Any Eu citizen can come to Finland on their own money and look for work. If they find it and they become contributing members of the system, then the system will later take care of them when they need it. If they don't find work and won't or don't want to contribute to the system, then the system will not do anything for them. Is that clear now?

Nic93

Post by Nic93 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:19 pm

Pursuivant wrote:Those "Finnish studies" do not make a "student", that is for "degree studies". And if you come to Finland for the purpose of studying, you won't be eligible for student handouts (logical there).

Likewise, "looking for work" does not make you "unemployed", that requires you to first have worked at least for 6 months to "be in the system" (logical too).

With the "freedom of movement" you can come for 3 months to "look for work", and if you are getting 2c a day from your country they will pay that. After 3 months, if you have not found work.... "freedom of movement"...
I asked in tepelvalut about and they said that you are considered a student if you start the finnish courses they said you come here register and you will start if you are eu citizen I wanted to ask here so maybe can someone confirm, also I've asked in some university if they pay you houses etc and they said yes house and food they also give you some money I think maybe something like that

wolf80

Post by wolf80 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:18 pm

Nic93 wrote: I asked in tepelvalut about and they said that you are considered a student if you start the finnish courses they said you come here register and you will start if you are eu citizen I wanted to ask here so maybe can someone confirm, also I've asked in some university if they pay you houses etc and they said yes house and food they also give you some money I think maybe something like that
Bullsh*t! I more and more have the feeling you are just trolling here. Also because you are ignoring any real information put forward.

The TE-office would not give you information about studying anyway, that's not their field.

You can register your right of residence as an EU citizen if you want got accepted to a Finnish university or UAS. All the funding for living in Finland during your studies comes out of your own pocket.

You will not get paid any housing or food, and definitely not by the university. Nobody told you that, it's complete horsesh*t. You can apply for student housing as any other student and you have to pay for it. You can eat at the student cantines at a reduced price as any other student with a student card, and that's it.

Post by 007 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:36 pm

Nic93 wrote:I asked in tepelvalut about and they said that you are considered a student if you start the finnish courses
Can you be specific on 'Finnish courses'? What kind of Finnish courses?
they said you come here register and you will start if you are eu citizen
If they say that you can register there as a jobseeker, then why the hell you don't go and register? It does not cost you money. And, are you even in Finland? Seems like you are only testing the water here.
I wanted to ask here so maybe can someone confirm
So far, posters here have been saying that it's not possible but that's not something you wanna hear. How money posters does it take to change your mind?
also I've asked in some university if they pay you houses etc and they said yes house and food they also give you some money I think maybe something like that
Which university? Did they say that they would pay?
“Go where you are celebrated – not tolerated."
"Aina, kun opit uuden sanan, opettele samalla sen monikko!"

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:51 pm

Yes, the TE-palvelut will consider you a "student" so you won't get any unemployment benefits. KELA however won't consider you a "student" for some "Finnish courses" as they don't count towards a degree. So no money from anywhere!
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."