Travelling without residence permit card

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Miksu17

Post by Miksu17 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:38 am

Ho, I am a foreigner living in Finland. I renewed my residence permit last Sept but I have not received my residence permit card yet. My problem is I am going back to my homecountry for a vacation next week. The police said last week that decision was already made and they are just waiting for the card. May I ask if anyone of you can suggest what other option I can have in case it really does not come?

Thank you for those who will answer.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tavastia

Re: Travelling without residence permit card

Post by tavastia » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:36 am

You maybe able to leave without the card but you will not be let to board the plane back to Finland without it if you for example need a visa for Finland.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:39 am

tavastia wrote:You maybe able to leave without the card but you will not be let to board the plane back to Finland without it if you for example need a visa for Finland.
Indeed.

Leaving is absolutely not a problem. Entering Finland itself will be difficult, complicated, and will take time, but doable. However, your biggest issue will be departing your home country and boarding your flight. You'll have even more problems if you have a layover in another Schengen country.
All in all, a very bad idea. Postpone your flight until your residence permit card is ready.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:27 pm

Miksu17 wrote:May I ask if anyone of you can suggest what other option I can have in case it really does not come?
You can give someone the power of attorney to pick up the card. This person can then use a delivery service to get the card to you.

ariel021

Post by ariel021 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:44 pm

Did anyone experience to travel within Schengen countries while visa is under process and came back to Finland by any chance? Thanks!