YKI test November 2016

Learn and discuss the Finnish language with Finn's and foreigners alike
brexit
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:40 am

YKI test November 2016

Post by brexit » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:38 pm

Hello Guys,

Have anyone of you participated in the YKI test in November? I am wondering if the results will be out already before Christmas? BTW why is it taking so long for the examination, 2 months is way too long time.

Regards



YKI test November 2016

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

User avatar
Beep_Boop
Posts: 1969
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:29 pm
Location: Niflheim, Suomi

Re: YKI test November 2016

Post by Beep_Boop » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:19 am

brexit wrote:BTW why is it taking so long for the examination, 2 months is way too long time.
Because they have to listen to hundreds and hundreds of ours of recordings to assess the speech part of the test, and read thousands of lines of text to grade the writing part. All of that requires manual human work, and it's very time-consuming.
Every f*cking application is unique.You can't measure the result of your application based on random anecdotes online. Stop being a moron!


brexit
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:40 am

Re: YKI test November 2016

Post by brexit » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:48 am

Beep_Boop wrote:
brexit wrote:BTW why is it taking so long for the examination, 2 months is way too long time.
Because they have to listen to hundreds and hundreds of ours of recordings to assess the speech part of the test, and read thousands of lines of text to grade the writing part. All of that requires manual human work, and it's very time-consuming.

I understand your point. But, in contrast, if you look at the other standardized testing system, for example IELTS, they do have similar amount of task but they publish result within two weeks.


leisl
Posts: 422
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:26 pm

Re: YKI test November 2016

Post by leisl » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:42 pm

How about because it's administered by the University of Jyväskylä which is non-profit and has other things to do than to mark exams faster for you? ;)

I can't comment for every place administering IELTS but I assume that their funding is entirely different.


brexit
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:40 am

Re: YKI test November 2016

Post by brexit » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:02 pm

leisl wrote:How about because it's administered by the University of Jyväskylä which is non-profit and has other things to do than to mark exams faster for you? ;)

I can't comment for every place administering IELTS but I assume that their funding is entirely different.
Well, they do get money from the exam registration and even though they are non-profit they get funding from the government which is paid by us. Well, my question, at first, was not to argue but to make think people critically if there are any rooms to improve efficiency in the process so that result can be announced faster. :)


Nepfin
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:17 pm

Re: YKI test November 2016

Post by Nepfin » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:18 pm

These two guys "beep boop and brexit" responsed all answer like they know all. Its just easy to seaech at google them view and answer. There are many official sites that we can visit ourself. Ex. Edu.fi


User avatar
Beep_Boop
Posts: 1969
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:29 pm
Location: Niflheim, Suomi

Re: YKI test November 2016

Post by Beep_Boop » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:45 am

Nepfin wrote:These two guys "beep boop and brexit" responsed all answer like they know all. Its just easy to seaech at google them view and answer. There are many official sites that we can visit ourself. Ex. Edu.fi
:lol:
Every f*cking application is unique.You can't measure the result of your application based on random anecdotes online. Stop being a moron!


brexit
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:40 am

Re: YKI test November 2016

Post by brexit » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:11 pm

Nepfin wrote:These two guys "beep boop and brexit" responsed all answer like they know all. Its just easy to seaech at google them view and answer. There are many official sites that we can visit ourself. Ex. Edu.fi
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Upphew
Posts: 9912
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: Lappeenranta

Re: YKI test November 2016

Post by Upphew » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:43 am

brexit wrote:I understand your point. But, in contrast, if you look at the other standardized testing system, for example IELTS, they do have similar amount of task but they publish result within two weeks.
Good, fast, cheap, pick two. IELTS is good and fast, YKI good and cheap.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.


jussiharma
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:20 pm

Re: YKI test November 2016

Post by jussiharma » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:21 am

Hi! Did anyone receive the results yet? Or has anyone tried to contact the Jyväskylän yliopisto? I actually called in December and they informed that the results will come sometime in January. Any updates?

Thanks


brexit
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:40 am

Re: YKI test November 2016

Post by brexit » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:00 am

jussiharma wrote:Hi! Did anyone receive the results yet? Or has anyone tried to contact the Jyväskylän yliopisto? I actually called in December and they informed that the results will come sometime in January. Any updates?

Thanks
Not Yet. This is getting late. Usually they dispatch the result 10 days ahead from the two months target.


ness1216
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:36 am

Re: YKI test November 2016

Post by ness1216 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:34 pm

I got my results today, maybe there was a small delay due to Christmas holidays.


jussiharma
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:20 pm

Re: YKI test November 2016

Post by jussiharma » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:38 pm

ness1216 wrote:I got my results today, maybe there was a small delay due to Christmas holidays.
Thank you so much for this good news. I hope I get my results by tomorrow then. All the best to everyone!


brexit
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:40 am

Re: YKI test November 2016

Post by brexit » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:55 pm

ness1216 wrote:I got my results today, maybe there was a small delay due to Christmas holidays.
I also got mine and passed all with 3.


ness1216
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:36 am

Re: YKI test November 2016

Post by ness1216 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:26 pm

brexit wrote:
ness1216 wrote:I got my results today, maybe there was a small delay due to Christmas holidays.
I also got mine and passed all with 3.
Same here, high five!


Post Reply