I don't get it

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
harryc

I don't get it

Post by harryc » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:45 pm

What was she supposed to do? Spit at him?

http://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/art-2000005018907.html

I don't get it

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Honest

Re: I don't get it

Post by Honest » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:09 pm

If her story is true she should have called police and ambulance after stabbing him. Or at least made a noise (after seeing the bloody scene) so neighbours could come and deal with the situation.

harryc

Post by harryc » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:49 pm

You mean that she successfully defended herself and then goes to prison for 5 years because she didn't call 112?

Honest

Post by Honest » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:47 pm

The story is made up.
When unrelated/stranger girls and guys go home together after drinking out, sex is mostly on the menu. Even if the girl didn't want sex the guy was expecting it. So given the circumstances, girls reaction was out of proportions.

I personally think something else went wrong and she made up the rape story.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:26 pm

harryc wrote:You mean that she successfully defended herself and then goes to prison for 5 years because she didn't call 112?
She also tried to dispose of the knife she used to stab him.

Post by 007 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:10 pm

harryc wrote:You mean that she successfully defended herself and then goes to prison for 5 years because she didn't call 112?
After going through the article, I think that was her biggest mistake - not to call 112. After all, it was a matter of life and death of someone. On the other hand, it's also reported that she found a knife from the bedroom, which is highly unlikely. Chances are she went to kitchen, grabbed the knife, went back to the bedroom and stabbed the guy. So, in my opinion, it wasn't really on the spur of the moment self-defense act.

Also, in Finland, unlike, I think, in majority part of the world, you cannot fight back (self defend) with knife against an aggressor who uses bare hands*. So, all in all, her sentence would've been much shorter had she called 112 because it would've made her story more credible that she acted in self-defense, and it would also mean that she wanted to help the injured person.

*That's what I have heard and I find it ridiculous.

Add: Well, that girl took his phone also. Eli he couldn't call 112 himself.
“Go where you are celebrated – not tolerated."
"Aina, kun opit uuden sanan, opettele samalla sen monikko!"

rinso

Post by rinso » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:52 am

Also, in Finland, unlike, I think, in majority part of the world, you cannot fight back (self defend) with knife against an aggressor who uses bare hands
It is more like you have to use the least violent option there is.
Self defense is possible but a judge will look very carefully at the situation.
And your actions afterward also add to the assessment.
In this case three courts decided that killing him was way to much violence for the situation.

harryc

Post by harryc » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:38 pm

It is more like you have to use the least violent option there is.
OK - I got it - I asked if she should have spit at him - and it seems the conclusion is she should have spit at him - :evil:

Honest

Post by Honest » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:30 pm

If you can't imagine anything other than spitting or murdering then it's no surprise that you "don't get it".

harryc

Post by harryc » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:49 pm

If you can't imagine anything other than spitting or murdering then it's no surprise that you "don't get it".
If some usual man is attacking the usual woman, the man almost always has a huge physical advantage. I mean 'domestic violence' is almost always some kind of wife-beating. So if this guy is attacking this woman, she really has no chance to subdue him bare-handed. She will almost certainly need a weapon - and as we have seen even all USA policemen cannot use a weapon without killing the victim - so quite logically the only safe thing she can do is spit at him (and, of course. I'm being sarcastic).

Seriously - can you please suggest a way for her to subdue the guy without a weapon. -- ?? He won't let her use a phone - and I imagine that he is covering her mouth - and anyhow, we long know that victims can scream their heads off - and it is a rare person in the 'public' that will give a damn.

Bavarian

Post by Bavarian » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:43 am

I mean 'domestic violence' is almost always some kind of wife-beating.
You don't know what manipulative wives can do to their husbands. I grew up with a mother who was only diagnosed bipolar at the end of her life, and while neither of my parents raised a hand at each other, it definitely wasn't my dad who was the aggressive one.

rinso

Post by rinso » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:58 am

If some usual man is attacking the usual woman, the man almost always has a huge physical advantage.
If being the weaker party would be a valid excuse for killing, we would have a lot more homicides.

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:38 am

one night affairs have their own risks. You might be getting herpies, hepatitis and all kind of crap. People ain't honest what surprises they got for you.
and if it ain't that then guy can have his screws loose, or girl may call rape if she wakes up next morning with guilt or anything similar.
rinso wrote:
If some usual man is attacking the usual woman, the man almost always has a huge physical advantage.
If being the weaker party would be a valid excuse for killing, we would have a lot more homicides.
Ha! tell me about that. Dated a chick with same problem. Suffice to say, I ran away within 2 months. Can't and won't waste my life for someone who won't be grateful at the end.
Image Image

harryc

Post by harryc » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:59 am

You're still not answering and giving suggestions as to what the woman being attacked is 'allowed' to do?

Let's drop the scenarios where the woman might have had some previous entanglements and consider just plain, out-right rape attempt. Is not she able to use a weapon? And please note that the use of a weapon CAN kill - whether it was the intention to kill or not (the US police do it all the time).

harryc

Post by harryc » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:04 am

I mean 'domestic violence' is almost always some kind of wife-beating.
You don't know what manipulative wives can do to their husbands. I grew up with a mother who was only diagnosed bipolar at the end of her life, and while neither of my parents raised a hand at each other, it definitely wasn't my dad who was the aggressive one.
I only meant that it is going to be a rare case that a woman is going to be able to fend off a man with her bare hands - I was not referring to other 'battlefields.'