Car Insurance Here

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
hychamaz

Car Insurance Here

Post by hychamaz » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:42 pm

Hello all!
I have read past posts about this topic and wanted to see peoples opinions. I have IF car insurance. I have seen posts here and the website for POP car insurance. I would like to please know what anyone has to say about this company... I pay 2000 a year with IF for their most expensive plan. POP wants 1200 a year. I asked how can you do this. The man said that all companies are fearing us because we have no offices and you do everything online...
So I would be saving 800 euros a year. Their difference is that in their top plan they will not offer me a rental car if something happens. Nor will they give 30% more than the cars value if it is in a totaled accident. Would you guys lose these 2 features to save 800 a year on a 35,000 euro car?
Last, I need to know how all of these insurance companies value a used car... That will help me make my decision if I am going to pay for this costco (your fault) insurance.. I am calling around so that I can bring the car to an office and have them value it 1st. Thats common sense to me...
Any and all help is appreciated! Thanks!

Car Insurance Here

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

riku2

Re: Car Insurance Here

Post by riku2 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:36 pm

I have insurance from IF and you can fine tune the policy to remove some of the additional costs, like the rental car. there are dozens of options and the site computes a final price. I have had my car for two years and it did need a new windscreen and they were really efficient. i just called them, gave them details over they phone and they gave me a claims number and said take it to any dealer and give the number. That was it, no additional paper work and no excess or additional charges. What I do like is that their policy terms are available in english. POP refused to deal with me unless I could speak finnish (in a rather hilarious speak-finnish-or-get-lost reply to my request for a quote ... me and my money "got lost").

Honest

Post by Honest » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:31 am

Getting a quote in English and calling in English to make a claim are two different things. A lot of companies would refuse to give paperwork in English bit they would still deal with you in English. I've POP for last 4 years and saved thousands. I've also communicated with them in English.

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:55 am

POP XL insurance has the +30% for the car value in case of total damage (lunastusturva).
I also used POP before, a friend had also a claim with them and everything went fine.
Now I switched to IF as I got a better deal for the new car, but it maybe just for the 1st year.

hychamaz

Post by hychamaz » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:04 pm

Thanks everyone for the advice! I spent a day calling around. IF, POP, OP, and a few others all were within less than a 100 of each other... I had to get rid of the extra 30%, the windscreen, and rent a car, to have it lowered from 1900 to 1200 by IF. POP would have been much cheaper... BUT, my car is over 6 years old, worth more than 30,000, so they wouldnt give me what I wanted.. So I settled to save 700 a year and stay on with IF.
Thanks everyone!