Indian Student moving to Finland from USA.

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
kruthikanj

Post by kruthikanj » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:07 am

Hello Everyone,

I'm Kruthi, sorry if my post seems to have too much information but I'm just trying to be detailed enough so that no one misunderstands me. I'm an Indian citizen who did Bachelor's in Aeronautical Engineering after which I moved to USA in 2014 for my education where I have completed my Masters in Mechanical Engineering. I married a girl(also Indian Citizen) here in USA in Dec 2015. We are expecting a baby girl this may 2017, we want our daughter to have a very good education and don't want her to face the problems that we faced in our schools as a kid.

After few days of online researching we found out a lot about Education System in Finland. Please guide us, we don't want to be a burden either, I can work in the area of my education and also in field like Game Development and Music Industry. My wife is a Computer Science Engineer and we both happen to have entrepreneurship skills too. All your suggestions are whole heartedly welcome. Thank you very much for helping us out.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Upphew

Re: Indian Student moving to Finland from USA.

Post by Upphew » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:49 pm

kruthikanj wrote:Hello Everyone,

I'm Kruthi, sorry if my post seems to have too much information but I'm just trying to be detailed enough so that no one misunderstands me. I'm an Indian citizen who did Bachelor's in Aeronautical Engineering after which I moved to USA in 2014 for my education where I have completed my Masters in Mechanical Engineering. I married a girl(also Indian Citizen) here in USA in Dec 2015. We are expecting a baby girl this may 2017, we want our daughter to have a very good education and don't want her to face the problems that we faced in our schools as a kid.

After few days of online researching we found out a lot about Education System in Finland. Please guide us, we don't want to be a burden either, I can work in the area of my education and also in field like Game Development and Music Industry. My wife is a Computer Science Engineer and we both happen to have entrepreneurship skills too. All your suggestions are whole heartedly welcome. Thank you very much for helping us out.
Finnish education system is good for Finns and for average students. If you are a English speaking child prodigy... not so good. Toddlers do learn languages fast though, so if you are going to come here, better do it in 2020 than 2030. And keep tabs how things are as there have been funding cuts on education lately.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

brexit

Re: Indian Student moving to Finland from USA.

Post by brexit » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:04 pm

kruthikanj wrote:Hello Everyone,

Why you want to move to Europe from USA. Europe is doomed and its future is bleak. Stay in US or go to Australia/Canada. Europeans are too much into the culture and language and there is very less room for outside culture. Even though English is widely spoken and understood in Finland, without Finnish you really can not live a fully functioning life here.