Secretarial studies student looking for a job

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
nemaminika

Post by nemaminika » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:59 pm

Moi!

I am a 20 year old South Korean female student studying bachelor's degree in English, which means I have a good command of the language; I've got asked a lot if I'm Korean-American due to my overall fluency. I also speak Swedish and Japanese to a level where I can hold a simple daily conversation. I am currently learning Finnish and German as well.

For about two years I have been working as an assistant in revising/translating various types of documents from English into Korean, including official letters to the South Korean president etc. My priority out of all is to be 100% responsible - pursuing high quality services and meeting deadlines. I also have extensive experience in all aspects of cafe & restaurant operations, having worked as a waiter/kitchen helper and kids play cafe employee; yes, I am natural with children, too.

It would be the best for me if I could take an assistant position of a company since my major is secretarial studies, but I am willing to work not just in translating/food service business, but basically any fields. If any of you are interested in offering me a job, please feel free to reply or send me a PM.

Thank you!

PS - I am allowed to work only max. 25 hours per week because of the visa regulation, thus freelance or part-time jobs would most likely be more suitable for me than full-time.
Last edited by nemaminika on Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: Secretarial studies student looking for a job

Post by Beep_Boop » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:19 pm

Where are you based in Finland? And do you have a LiknedIn profile?
I might have suitable position for you.
Every f*cking application is unique.You can't measure the result of your application based on random anecdotes online. Stop being a moron!

nemaminika

Post by nemaminika » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:08 pm

Beep_Boop wrote:Where are you based in Finland? And do you have a LiknedIn profile?
I might have suitable position for you.
PM sent. ;)

nemaminika

Post by nemaminika » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:22 pm

I am still waiting for your offers. Please don't hesitate to contact me! :)

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:49 pm

Offers??? This is Finland. Crappy economy. Lots of Finnish peeps out of work. No one is going to offer you a job, you have to fight hard to find one.

Good luck!

nemaminika

Post by nemaminika » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:04 pm

Flossy1978 wrote:Offers??? This is Finland. Crappy economy. Lots of Finnish peeps out of work. No one is going to offer you a job, you have to fight hard to find one.

Good luck!
What an advice. There have been quite a few who offered me great opportunities though; just that it's been not easy to get accepted. Don't know if it was due to lack of my ability or the "crappy" economy but I've been trying pretty hard. Thanks.

leisl

Post by leisl » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:46 pm

It's the crappy economy. People don't go around offering jobs unless you're the bees knees. And in here (and without fluent Finnish) you have to be something seriously amazing before anyone will offer. Like, do you have Oracle skills and eleventy bajillion years of writing Java? etc.

tl;dr: the only way you get "offered" without fluent Finnish is if you have an in-demand skill for vacant jobs that Finns can't fill.

I do hope that you get something through beep_boop. He works though, so perhaps has been unable to reply though. He'll be back, don't worry. You're going to need patience anyway, because the likely scenario in Finland, without specific skills in demand, is to be unemployed for months.

PS: In English it's not "an advice". Advice isn't a singular object on its own as it's uncountable. It needs to be simply "advice" or "a piece of advice" if you wish to make it singular.