Does anyone know a nice forest?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Swissguy

Post by Swissguy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:52 pm

Hi guys! I really want to relax and I've been always dreaming about being alone somewhere with absolutely noone around me. I think there must be a place in some finnish forest where I am completly alone, right? Does anyone have any secret tips?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

wolf80

Re: Does anyone know a nice forest?

Post by wolf80 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:36 pm

Swissguy wrote:Hi guys! I really want to relax and I've been always dreaming about being alone somewhere with absolutely noone around me. I think there must be a place in some finnish forest where I am completly alone, right? Does anyone have any secret tips?
Depends a lot on where you live, how far you're prepared to go and what your means of travel are (metro, train/bus, car?).

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:06 pm

Secluded locations in forests in Finland? That's gonna be tough to find.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

Post by 007 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:39 am

Swissguy wrote:Hi guys! I really want to relax and I've been always dreaming about being alone somewhere with absolutely noone around me. I think there must be a place in some finnish forest where I am completly alone, right? Does anyone have any secret tips?
Suomi perkele! Land of forest and lakes. :P Move to North. No one can hear you scream. :twisted:

Visit your local tourist info office. You'll get tons of useful info.
“Go where you are celebrated – not tolerated."
"Aina, kun opit uuden sanan, opettele samalla sen monikko!"

Swissguy

Post by Swissguy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:50 am

Thanks for your answers guys. I thought of going there by car and walking the last 3 hours, haha :D It's just something I've wanted to do for years already, and in Switzerland that's impossible. Thanks for pointing out that there are more uch places in the north!

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:40 pm

Swissguy wrote:Thanks for your answers guys. I thought of going there by car and walking the last 3 hours, haha :D It's just something I've wanted to do for years already, and in Switzerland that's impossible. Thanks for pointing out that there are more uch places in the north!
Finland is the most sparsely populated country in the European Union. In addition it's a right to walk in any forest. These combined make your task trivial.

rinso

Post by rinso » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:28 pm

Look at this map:
http://riistahavainnot.fi/suurpedot/havaintokartta
The more animals you can find, the less chance to meet someone

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:47 pm

Yeah, but whatever you do, stay on the pathways!

There are plenty of stories of dumbarses who go up north and want to go in the forest. They think it is nothing. Don't stay on the trails and disappear. Sometimes found, sometimes never...... Eaten by the billions of mozzies, or a zombie moose, I suspect, not.