YKI certificate expiry date?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Y77

Post by Y77 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:51 am

Does anybody know if the YKI certificate has got an expiry date, if it is used for citizenship application? I got mine in Oct.2013, with grade 3 in all subjects, if I were to apply next year or in the future will it still be valid?
Thanks

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Upphew

Re: YKI certificate expiry date?

Post by Upphew » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:36 am

Y77 wrote:Does anybody know if the YKI certificate has got an expiry date, if it is used for citizenship application? I got mine in Oct.2013, with grade 3 in all subjects, if I were to apply next year or in the future will it still be valid?
Thanks
I would be surprised if it wouldn't be valid, but then again... migri states that they take into consideration how you handle yourself during the application process, so maybe old certificate combined with difficulty to cope with Finnish or Swedish during the processing might influence their decision.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Y77

Post by Y77 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:57 am

Upphew wrote:
Y77 wrote:Does anybody know if the YKI certificate has got an expiry date, if it is used for citizenship application? I got mine in Oct.2013, with grade 3 in all subjects, if I were to apply next year or in the future will it still be valid?
Thanks
I would be surprised if it wouldn't be valid, but then again... migri states that they take into consideration how you handle yourself during the application process, so maybe old certificate combined with difficulty to cope with Finnish or Swedish during the processing might influence their decision.
ok, thanks. So is the interview itself during the application a sort of mini language test that integrates the YKI certificate, as if the proper test itself wasn't difficult enough..., especially the speaking part with other 30 candidates around you shouting to make sure the whole thing was recorded properly...

aditayap

Post by aditayap » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:58 pm

YKI certificate has no expiry date.
A Note from migri website, PLEASE NOTE. The structure of the National Certificate of Language Proficiency changed in 2012. If you have completed the certificate between 2002 and 2011, the certificate also indicates what your general level of language proficiency is. To obtain citizenship, this general level of language proficiency has to be at least three (3). For certificates completed before 2002, the general level of language proficiency has to be at least four (4).
so Your YKI certificate as old as from 2002 is still acceptable.

Kaka

Post by Kaka » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:53 pm

Till valid before new law for finnish language.