Total cost when door key is lost

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
jaxon123

Post by jaxon123 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:40 pm

Hello,

I want to know what is the process when apartment door key is lost. Is it required to change the lock of that particular apartment only or the entire building locks need to be replaced ? How much will it cost ?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tavastia

Re: Total cost when door key is lost

Post by tavastia » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:13 pm

Depends the key type and model, but never is needed to change the entire building locks.

Honest

Post by Honest » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:08 pm

Normally it's around 200 euros but they almost never change any locks, they just pocket the money. They only change locks if there is a strong suspicion that the lost key has fallen into wrong hands.

harryc

Post by harryc » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:01 am

Normally it's around 200 euros but they almost never change any locks, they just pocket the money.
Inasmuch as lock companies 'advertise' themselves as 'security' companies - thaere is an implication of them having some modicum of 'honesty.'

I assume they have informed they have done 'nothing' - only charged 200€ for some kind of 'consultation'

Lock companies are not adverse to setting dubious prices - I misplaced a mailbox key (old Abloy type) with the simplest kind of lock - the quote was about 150€ to put in a new lock - fortunately I have a friend who is a locksmith and he dropped by for a 5 minute job.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:40 am

roger_roger wrote:According to Finnish law you cannot take professional service for free.
There is no such law.
Myös henkilö, jolla on erityistä ammattitaitoa, koulutusta tai pätevyyttä erilaisiin tehtäviin voi tehdä naapuriapuna tällaisia työsuorituksia lähipiiriinsä kuuluville henkilöille, kun hän tekee työn vastikkeetta.
http://www.vero.fi/fi-FI/Syventavat_ver ... Naapuriapu_

harryc

Post by harryc » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:44 pm

According to Finnish law you cannot take professional service for free. You both were doing illegal; first you by hiring your PROFESSIONAL friend to get your job done, secondly him by not charging you for his service and eventually not paying taxes,VATs, etc. to the government. :roll:
You are absolutely talking through your hat. I have now talked to Vero - and they said NO ONE is not permitted to do a 5-10 minute favor for someone - there are NO tax consequences for such type of things. They also said - they and other government officials wish people would try to think a bit about what they are saying. It results in a big waste of time for everyone! :roll:

bm50
AKA cockney

Post by bm50 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:58 pm

Does it not depend on the type of apartment, is it owned, rented, Kaupunki rented apartment etc? OP does not say!

leisl

Post by leisl » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:13 am

bm50 wrote:Does it not depend on the type of apartment, is it owned, rented, Kaupunki rented apartment etc? OP does not say!
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am gobsmacked. Wild numbers.

Start by talking to your landlord (if you have one). The cost might be as little as 15e to have an out-of-patent key copied, or possibly up to 60 for a patent-covered key cost. Either landlord or body corporation / management may have a spare key. I've had a key copied by both. Landlord charged 50e and it had to come from Jyväskylä as that's where the management had spare keys (ABLOY Exec http://www.lukkopuoti.fi/.cm4all/iproc. ... oijpok.jpg). As an owner I paid 30e for a new key as the management used a local locksmith who had spare keys (ABLOY Sento -http://www.sinivalkoinenjalanjalki.fi/w ... 36x400.jpg). In both cases they also opened the front door. You can almost guarantee that if it's the case, they'll either have a key to your place or be able to arrange it. If they have to replace the lock, then it gets more pricey, but it's jumping the gun right now to assume it'll be in the hundreds.

Oh and by the way, if you still HAVE another key - then the 60e should be enough as it's simply a matter of cutting it - you just need the right person with permission to do so (owner or management) as your local locksmith can't copy a key within patent. One that's out of patent you can get done yourself at a key cutter.

harryc

Post by harryc » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:01 am

The Abloy Exec is available at 25€ these days, usually - and you can find at even 20€ in Tampere, I've heard.

harryc

Post by harryc » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:27 am

Sarcasm in the way that Drumpf tries to say all kinds of nonsensical and untrue things - and then when caught - says 'I was only joking' and 'I was being sarcastic'

The Finnish Tax Authority is not saying you should refuse a friend's or relative's help when you move and insist on paying 'small business' :lol: Niemi a ridiculous amount

Vero's attitude is quite OK on this:

http://www.vero.fi/fi-FI/Syventavat_ver ... _naa(29568)#1.3Naapuriapu_

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:35 pm

roger_roger wrote:
betelgeuse wrote:There is no such law.
harryc wrote:You are absolutely talking through your hat. I have now talked to Vero - and they said NO ONE is not permitted to do a 5-10 minute favor for someone - there are NO tax consequences for such type of things.
There is thing called sarcasm, people. It was meant to be satire for Finnish tax systems and desperate they are to earn pennies from every possible way from individuals and small scale businesses. :mrgreen:
I invoke Poe's law.

harryc

Post by harryc » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:40 pm

I invoke Poe's law.
I second the motion most heartily. Hope the so-called president of the US finds out about it, too.