Local Deals websites (like groupon)?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
rio

Post by rio » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:13 pm

Are there any local (more popular) websites similar to the groupon? Groupon doesnt seem to be popular here.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Liam1

Re: Local Deals websites (like groupon)?

Post by Liam1 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:14 am

There is facediili.fi

It depends a little. As Roger Roger states - buying goods does not tend to be done on sites like Groupon - it is far more popular buy from other commercial sites (e.g. amazon.co.uk is popular as they often get UK net prices and free delivery) or 2nd hand sites.

If you mean services (meals, haircuts, beauty treatments etc) then it is Groupon, Facediili. There is also kimppadiili, but I am fairly sure that they are in some way related to facediili as their deals are always similar.

One thing that I would say, having tried the restaurant deals, you get what you pay for!!!
True you can theoretically eat for half price in a nice restaurant, but it is often a set meal that is specially prepared for that deal, which means that 1) if you don't fancy the one choice - tough 2) you get the feeling the meal is mass produced so not necesarily up to the usual standards of care. Also the times are often limited. Therefore if you wanted to eat a steak at 8pm on Friday and your wife really fancies pasta, you buy a Groupon deal and find that you are both eating fish at 6pm on Friday!

rio

Post by rio » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:08 pm

Liam1 wrote: One thing that I would say, having tried the restaurant deals, you get what you pay for!!!
True you can theoretically eat for half price in a nice restaurant, but it is often a set meal that is specially prepared for that deal, which means that 1) if you don't fancy the one choice - tough 2) you get the feeling the meal is mass produced so not necesarily up to the usual standards of care. Also the times are often limited. Therefore if you wanted to eat a steak at 8pm on Friday and your wife really fancies pasta, you buy a Groupon deal and find that you are both eating fish at 6pm on Friday!
Thanks, that was very useful information. I was interested specifically in restaurant deals.

LeneBR

Post by LeneBR » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:52 am

Groupon doesn't exist in Finland anymore and I am very happy about it! The site idea was to help companies with marketing promotions but unfortunately customers start using it on a very bad way. Some of our customers ALWAYS wait for the Groupon promotion to come and have their treatments even when our OWN PROMOTIONS for than was BETTER than Groupon. They was just ignoring our nesletters. After the end of Groupon in Finland, our sales start to increase, the same old customers became more frequent and realize that they was even losting money doing the Groupon promo and broken also the business because you end up working for free. Bad to everyone!

Now we have new costumers all the time, they sign up for our newsletters and take the time to compare prices with others, what is great! That is a fair competition with other business who do same service, not with Groupon who just take money for doing nothing!

Just go for the service you are looking for, ask for disccount, talk with the owners, I am very sure they will be very happy to do something to have new happy customers :thumbsup:
LeneBR
Event Organizer / Singer
Tempo Band