Student Housing complain

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
mk4224

Student Housing complain

Post by mk4224 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:06 pm

Hi,

I have to complain about my student housing. The administration is worst and totally misguiding. They have told me that there is no apartment left now as my session is starting in 2 weeks.

In 2 weeks, it is impossible to arrange apartment. I have written messages from housing which reflect non-serious attitude. Please advise whom should I complain?

Thanks

Student Housing complain

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Upphew

Re: Student Housing complain

Post by Upphew » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:59 pm

mk4224 wrote:Hi,

I have to complain about my student housing. The administration is worst and totally misguiding. They have told me that there is no apartment left now as my session is starting in 2 weeks.

In 2 weeks, it is impossible to arrange apartment. I have written messages from housing which reflect non-serious attitude. Please advise whom should I complain?

Thanks
Student union?
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

wolf80

Post by wolf80 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:14 pm

Thanks
When did you apply?

You have no right to get student housing, if all the apartments are gone then they are gone. HOAS for example states on their website: 'It matters when the application is submitted: Hoas will try to offer an apartment first to those who have waited the longest. However, please note that Hoas's primary criteria for offering apartments are homelessness and low income or assets, so the person who has waited the longest may not always be the first to receive an offer.'

justaguy

Post by justaguy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:20 pm

Thanks
HOAS doesn't owe you anything, :roll: and you're told about 10 times whilst applying that you should not expect a definite offer from them for housing. So you're encouraged wholeheartedly to seek other means of lodging. As a prospective student the responsibility to find suitable legal lodging is entirely your own responsibility. You can file a complaint to their customer service but nothing will be done about it. The student union has nothing to do with HOAS.

P.S. I have arranged accommodation and moved in within a 2 day period when I found a suitable place. You just have to be proactive enough. Consider it as a job and work on it 14 hours a day and you'll find something.