Elections

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Piet

Elections

Post by Piet » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:14 pm

Hi everyone foreigners and native Finns,

Lets go vote at 9nt of april for your local elections.. If you don't vote, you have no right to complain either 8)

If you want to know how....(or if you are entitled to vote) see the link..

http://www.vaalit.fi/material/attachmen ... glanti.pdf

Oh and the guy that got caught illegal downloading, well I would advise him ....well you know.. something with one eyed, wooden leg and hooks I believe, arrrrr. :lol:

If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

Elections

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Oombongo

Re: Elections

Post by Oombongo » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:53 am

Difficult to select which one since all parties are corrupt or have a strong bro culture or mediocre performance.

http://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/finns ... on/6713488

and my favorite:
"Ilta-Sanomat starts off its newsweek with a look at Finnish MPs and their track records when it comes to attending parliamentary sessions and other meetings. The most frequent absentee last year was the NCP's Alexander Stubb with 28 missed sessions in all, the paper writes. The figures in the article do not include sick days, family leave or business trips.

Stubb's absences began last autumn when he stepped down as Finance Minister. During the autumn term he missed nearly half of a total of 59 sessions. Another ten MPs can boast Stubb-like non-attendance levels – for instance, Greens MP Ville Niinistö also skipped practically every other parliamentary session.

When it came to committee meetings, the most absences were clocked by the Centre Party's Timo Korhonen (away 89 percent of the time) and the NCP's Juhana Vartiainen (78 percent).

Finns Party MP Olli Immonen, known for his affiliation with neo-Nazi organisations, was away from sessions 24 times. When asked why, he told IS: "I have my reasons. No comment."
http://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/monda ... nt/9469182

We pay for their salaries and generous benefits just to hear "I have my reasons. No comment".

It would be nice to have a data source where one can see the performance of these candidates, and what they promise to deliver as well as what they have delivered... and of course if they were involved in any kind of corruption/favors.
And some punishments such as eating pizza with pineapple toppings :twisted:
Image Image

rinso

Post by rinso » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:01 am

It would be nice to have a data source where one can see the performance of these candidates, and what they promise to deliver as well as what they have delivered...
That is the main problem. The local news media only report the final decisions, not the individual standpoints. Especially in the countryside where people don't always follow the party line that's a pity.

Honest

Post by Honest » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:43 pm

Politicians are corrupt to core and only there to make money and gain other benefits. Very few have any values and those few don't make much difference. .

Modern elections are a tool to make people fool in believing that they can affect how a country is run.

Current so called democracy is crooked and is nothing more than a huge wastage of money.

These are my views and you are free not to agree with them

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:46 pm

Honest wrote:Politicians are corrupt to core and only there to make money and gain other benefits.
Municipality politics for money and other benefits is usually not worth the effort. You are expected to hold a regular job and get scantly compensated.
Honest wrote:Current so called democracy is crooked and is nothing more than a huge wastage of money.
Is there a better alternative?

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:57 pm

Honest wrote:Politicians are corrupt to core and only there to make money and gain other benefits. Very few have any values and those few don't make much difference. .
Next elections are municipal, it is hard to see how all those candidates are there only for money and benefits. New councilmen will get 500€/year and 100€/meeting. Top 7 got over 10k€. Bigger cities probably pay more and have more career politicians.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Kaka

Post by Kaka » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:14 pm

No dirty game please!!

Honest

Post by Honest » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:24 pm

There is no better alternative but it doesn't mean that you must participate in a crooked practice and feel that you have done something. It's not difficult to make better alternatives or improve the current system but it is not done to protect the interests of the powerful. It's not like you'll lose a lot if you don't vote better just tignore it instead of becoming a part of it.

Money or benefits/gains don't need to be huge. Smaller thrives are happy with smaller gains. you have to start from somewhere to go ahead in any field and corruption is no exception

Honest

Post by Honest » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:38 pm

One step to improve the system is better accountability. For example politicians like Berner/Sipilä should be investigated fully and if found guilty should be forced to live the rest of their lives on minimum wage by confiscating all their money. Higher positions should come with higher levels of responsibility and punishments but it's mostly the other way around.