Resident Permit application for a spouse of a FinnishCitizen

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
jaxon123

Post by jaxon123 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:15 pm

Hello,

I have submitted my 'Resident Permit application for a spouse of a Finnish Citizen' in the month of October 2016 from abroad ( Not from Finland )

I still have not received any decision from immigration.

If anyone has submitted the application in the same month and received the decision, then please update.

Lets keep the information updated

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Piet

Re: Resident Permit application for a spouse of a FinnishCit

Post by Piet » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:10 pm

Come back to this topic in about half a year, there might be results by then :ochesey:
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:17 pm

It hasn't even been the delay-free estimated processing time. Your application will probably take anywhere between 2-6 more months
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

jaxon123

Post by jaxon123 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:47 pm

Hello,

Thre is an update on the application. Immigration asked us questions regarding our marriage and also asked to send the appostiled marriage certificate.

I have answered all the questions with marriage pictures and I have also sent the appostilled marriage certificate. I sent all these in last week.
After that I called immigration and asked if they need anything else. They confirmed that they have all the document in place.

Now, my question is, how much time will it take for them to give the decision ? ( going through the question answers, marriage pictures and appostilled marriage certificate is not a rocket science (?))

Regards.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:41 pm

jaxon123 wrote:Now, my question is, how much time will it take for them to give the decision ? ( going through the question answers, marriage pictures and appostilled marriage certificate is not a rocket science (?))
It is not quaranteed that anyone will look at the material immmediately. It can sit in a queue in between.

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:42 pm

about 6 - 9 months. Can be more depending upon the pile of applications, and possibly the application region. Say, for example, spouse applying from Cambodia can take longer than spouse applying from Macedonia.
Image Image

jaxon123

Post by jaxon123 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:09 am

Hello,

My wife applied for resident permit in October 2016. After that the application was in queue. In the last week of February 2017, they have started processing the application. So the waiting period was about 5 months.

So after 5 months they have started processing the application and while processing, they asked for more documents which we sent and they received.

My question is, since the application is now in process, why should it take further time and why should it again go in queue ? It does not make any sense to put the application back in queue !!!

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:12 pm

jaxon123 wrote:My question is, since the application is now in process, why should it take further time and why should it again go in queue ? It does not make any sense to put the application back in queue !!!
It does make sense to have some kind of a queue since they don't know when exactly you will be responding with the extra information. However, I think it should not be a long one.

jaxon123

Post by jaxon123 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:01 pm