Should I get a job first or get my residence-permit first?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
m7mdtareq

Post by m7mdtareq » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:27 pm

Hello,
I'm going to graduate next year and I'm so much interested in a permanent stay in Europe , especially in Finland,
but I've not-so-much knowledge about my steps, How should I start?
I read so many posts here but I'm still lost!
I'm now studying Civil-Engineering in Egypt. Can I get a job that requires no-experience skills, though I have many training skills and very good knowledge of software in my field.
I searched for websites like eurojobs but I didn't find something for junior or graduated civil or structural engineer, so what can I do to get job offers from inside Finland not from websites that may have fake jobs.
PS: My professors was always telling us that Europe has much shortage in our field.
Can someone help me?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rosamunda

Re: Should I get a job first or get my residence-permit firs

Post by Rosamunda » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:04 pm

Do you have EU citizenship?

If not, the only way to come here is to find a job first.

Do you speak Finnish?

If not, you will find it quite difficult to get a job unless you have some niche skills/experience.

There are many unemployed engineering graduates in Finland, but there is also a lot of construction...
The best place to look for a job is on http://www.mol.fi/tyopaikat/tyopaikkatiedotus/haku/

m7mdtareq

Post by m7mdtareq » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:40 pm

Thanks alot
No I have neither EU nor Finnish language, but I'm trilingual with French besides my English. But I just want someone who could help me with skills needed for my field (I got plenty of software but I don't know whether they are needed there), what subfields have shortage or is in need in Finland like roads, surveying, steel structures, etc. can you help me with that or is there a forum for finnish civil engineers?

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:17 pm

Well, with unemployment high amongst Finnish people who probably have more education than you (plus they speak Finnish. Plus many speak other language top of this. Swedish, French, German etc), you are in for a battle.

You can't come without a Resident Permit. And they don't just give them out so you can come look for a job.

Engineers are dime a dozen in Finland and lots are unemployed. You should research the country a bit more.

Good luck.