How can i move to Finland?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
mimoz99

Post by mimoz99 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:19 am

I wish that i could find a job in Finland or atleast have a visit for a couple of weeks to discover Finland... :roll:

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

wolf80

Re: How can i move to Finland?

Post by wolf80 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:33 pm

Did you try reading the hundreds of other posts here covering exactly the same topic to see if they answer your questions?

riyabhattarai

Post by riyabhattarai » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:57 am

What are the necessary procedure to get stared the permanent resident of Finland for a Registered Nurse Of NEpal? How easy is it to get the job for nurses (English speaker) ?

biscayne

Post by biscayne » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:20 pm

You will need to speak, understand, read and write Finnish at B1-2 level in order to get your nursing licence in Finland, as well as a conversion course and an orientation period in a hospital if the Finnish Board of nursing requires that. If you need an orientation period you will have to find the hospital yourself. Nobody organises that for you.

If you do end up getting registered here, the reality is that you will be working in a nursing home with the elderly and you may not actually be employed as a registered nurse, but as a type of practical nurse. That is the absolute reality for most foreign nurses working here, with the exception of Estonians because they can learn Finnish quickly and well due to the similarities. Yes, there are other exceptions, but generally foreigners work in elder-care. Many foreigners do it for a few years and then do a masters degree here in something, and leave Finland.

There is a lot of hype and publicity about Finland needing nurses. They need nurses in elder-care. That is where the jobs are. There are plenty of Finnish nurses to do the highly skilled hospital work as well as public health and advisory type jobs.

Finally, many of the jobs are in rural, remote areas where basically nothing happens. 15 Spanish nurses went to work in the Satakunta area and left asap.

mimoz99

Post by mimoz99 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:37 pm

wolf80 wrote:Did you try reading the hundreds of other posts here covering exactly the same topic to see if they answer your questions?
Hi,,thanks for reply...i've read many posts but all about people which are already in Finland and searching for job...hope to find similar cases like me