Possible to apply for RP after tourist visa refusal?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
lucas89

Post by lucas89 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:56 am

Hi all,

I've got a refusal stamp for tourist visa at Finland Embassy (with unclear reasons :-(). Now if I've got a job waiting in Finland and intend to apply for work type RP, does that refusal stamp affect my RP application?

Have you seen a similar situation or if you know any info related please advise!

Thanks much in advance!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Upphew

Re: Possible to apply for RP after tourist visa refusal?

Post by Upphew » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:51 am

lucas89 wrote:Hi all,

I've got a refusal stamp for tourist visa at Finland Embassy (with unclear reasons :-(). Now if I've got a job waiting in Finland and intend to apply for work type RP, does that refusal stamp affect my RP application?

Have you seen a similar situation or if you know any info related please advise!

Thanks much in advance!
What were the reason for refusal? I doubt they were "unclear".
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

adam7

Post by adam7 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:42 pm

Upphew wrote: What were the reason for refusal? I doubt they were "unclear".
Applicants aren't informed why the visa is refused.

The most common reason, however, is that the applicant is deemed a risk for not leaving Finland. Another reason is a seciurity risk, and etc.

adam7

Post by adam7 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:47 pm

lucas89 wrote:Hi all,

Thanks much in advance!
Totally impossible to say. since the embassy doesn't give reasons for refusing tourist visas to any applicants, neither you nor we can know what the reasons were. Also w/o knowing anything abt you, your proposed job or anything else, any answer would be pure guessing.

You will be judged on an individual basis, so the refusal might be taken into account, in deciding whether to grant you a RP, or it might not have a material effect.

But it is always possible to apply.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:31 pm

adam7 wrote: Totally impossible to say. since the embassy doesn't give reasons for refusing tourist visas to any applicants, neither you nor we can know what the reasons were. Also w/o knowing anything abt you, your proposed job or anything else, any answer would be pure guessing.
What do you base your information on? The Community Code on Visas requires the decision to be given with the standard form described in Annex VI of the regulation

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/ ... 32009R0810

https://eeas.europa.eu/sites/eeas/files ... m_en_0.pdf

The form includes checkboxes describing the reason(s).

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:16 pm

If you're the applicants, the refusal letter will give you enough information to know the exact reason on your own. Saying that you don't know the reason, in 99% of the cases, is just lying to yourself.

Also, as far as I know, VIS ans SIS systems are checked for visa and entry refusals (along with the refusal reason) as part of the process. I cannot talk on behalf of Migri, but I can tell you they probably only look for refusal reasons related to security risk or fraud. Almost any other reason should not affect your chances of getting a residence permit.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

Otoyoblak

Post by Otoyoblak » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:46 pm

It is possible my friend married to finish citizen was denied tourist visa 2013 then he applied for Residence permit and granted after 6 months but I think it depends on case to case basis.

adam7

Post by adam7 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:01 am

betelgeuse wrote: What do you base your information on? The Community Code on Visas requires the decision to be given with the standard form described in Annex VI of the regulation

The form includes checkboxes describing the reason(s).
You are correct. My error. Was talking about how it was before. Didn't know about this new requirement. However, that form really just doesn't give you much of an explanation..

lucas89

Post by lucas89 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:28 am

Thank you all! The reason as I mentioned was not clear because they ticked on the box #3 which I don't know if it was because of my finance evidence, or the returning to origin country or other reasons in that box.

However, I will still wait for 3 months after refusal and apply for RP. Please wish me luck! :)