Best irtokarkki "loose candy" place in Helsinki?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
AlexInHelsinki

Post by AlexInHelsinki » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:24 pm

Hey...where's your favourite irtokarkki loose candy place in Helsinki? You know, the places where you take the spoon and go around heaping various sweets into a plastic bag and then cave on the way home and eat most of the bag and then feel really sick for the rest of the evening?? Yeah those places.

Where's the cheapest? Best variety? Best quality?

I personally quite like the one in Sornainen metro station as you're going under the road...but wondering if there's anywhere better. I kind of die for those pink-chocolate and white-chocolate (I think it's white chocolate...?) small cones with the multicoloured nonpareils stuck on the flat end.

:D

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

harryc

Re: Best irtokarkki "loose candy" place in Helsinki?

Post by harryc » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:41 pm

Am wondering where the 'best' collection of germs and bacteria are - in these candy places or the buffet lunch places?

I don't want to even partially recall the coughs, sneezes and nose-and-mouth-and hand 'shows' I've seen going on in these places. Good thing people are usually keeping their shoes on.

AlexInHelsinki

Post by AlexInHelsinki » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:44 pm

Ew! Don't say that...they've got plastic covers, and you use a spoon! I think you're just fearmongering...though my waistline might thank you...

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:33 pm

He's just fearmongering.

You can bet any bag that Harry carries has more germs on the bottom of it.

We need germs to strengthen our immune systems.

Too much sterilsation will do this planet in.

harryc

Post by harryc » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 pm

I'm a believer of exposing oneself to a good variety of 'bugs' - I've had colds and flus rather rarely, thanks - I think - not being a Drumpf-type bug-phobe. I even subscribe to picking something off the floor on the 3-second rule (as long as it's not a gooey/wet thing :x - A dropped korvapuusti is usually no big deal.

But when standing near these 'buffets' - and seeing and hearing the nose-and-mouth shows - I'm put off with this 'in your face' :) exhibition just too many times.

The candy sales points have been better - but I've watched MANY times when someone tastes and PUTS IT BACK!!! That nice trick happens often with the food-buffets too. I have been tempted to find some employee and suggest they put a trash receptacle for 'rejects' but they would just tell me they only work there. :roll:

AlexInHelsinki

Post by AlexInHelsinki » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:22 pm

Uuuuuugh. What kind of person tastes something and then PUTS IT BACK?! They need to be banished.

On a similar note, I was at the uimahalli today and trying not to think of this recent article I read: https://www.theguardian.com/science/201 ... -the-truth. Eugh.

harryc

Post by harryc » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:51 pm

George even 'double'dipped' on Seinfeld 8)

At least the swimming pools have Chlorine.