Finnish news with subtitles?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Post Reply
Shenz
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:06 pm

Finnish news with subtitles?

Post by Shenz » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:32 pm

Does anybody know if it is possible to watch the normal news (YLE uutiset or other) with Finnish subtitles? Not the "live" news but the news that you watch on demand. This in another attempt to improve my language skills :)

Finnish news with subtitles?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

User avatar
Beep_Boop
Posts: 1969
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:29 pm
Location: Niflheim, Suomi

Re: Finnish news with subtitles?

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:53 am

Not exactly what you're looking for, but probably even more helpful. This is the news in simple Finnish http://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/selkouutiset/
They speak slowly and with not many complicated words.
Every f*cking application is unique.You can't measure the result of your application based on random anecdotes online. Stop being a moron!


Shenz
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:06 pm

Re: Finnish news with subtitles?

Post by Shenz » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:07 pm

Beep_Boop wrote:Not exactly what you're looking for, but probably even more helpful. This is the news in simple Finnish http://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/selkouutiset/
They speak slowly and with not many complicated words.
Yes, I knew already the selkouutiset :)
But would be nice to watch the other one with subtitles as well. Anyway, I have sent an email to Yle in my best Finnish. We'll see what they answer.


Upphew
Posts: 9910
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: Lappeenranta

Re: Finnish news with subtitles?

Post by Upphew » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:20 am

Shenz wrote:
Beep_Boop wrote:Not exactly what you're looking for, but probably even more helpful. This is the news in simple Finnish http://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/selkouutiset/
They speak slowly and with not many complicated words.
Yes, I knew already the selkouutiset :)
But would be nice to watch the other one with subtitles as well. Anyway, I have sent an email to Yle in my best Finnish. We'll see what they answer.
Change the subtitle language to Dutch. That will get you Finnish subtitles in Finnish programs. List of programs that have Finnish subtitles available: http://yle.fi/ohjelmaopas/tekstitys/
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.


Shenz
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:06 pm

Re: Finnish news with subtitles?

Post by Shenz » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:30 pm

Upphew wrote: Change the subtitle language to Dutch. That will get you Finnish subtitles in Finnish programs. List of programs that have Finnish subtitles available: http://yle.fi/ohjelmaopas/tekstitys/
Where can I change the subtitle language? On my pc I don't see that option and on my iPad there is an option but can not select any language. Could you provide a screenshot?


Upphew
Posts: 9910
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: Lappeenranta

Re: Finnish news with subtitles?

Post by Upphew » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:56 pm

Shenz wrote:
Upphew wrote: Change the subtitle language to Dutch. That will get you Finnish subtitles in Finnish programs. List of programs that have Finnish subtitles available: http://yle.fi/ohjelmaopas/tekstitys/
Where can I change the subtitle language? On my pc I don't see that option and on my iPad there is an option but can not select any language. Could you provide a screenshot?
Dunno. I haven't used iStuff... ever(?) and tv for a while. Areena doesn't seem to offer txt icon as it should: http://yle.fi/aihe/areena-ohjeet/suomen ... -areenassa
Maybe you should ask about that from yle too?
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.


User avatar
Keravalainen
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Finnish news with subtitles?

Post by Keravalainen » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:53 am

Hi!
In YLE Areena it's a bit different with setting on the subtitles. Whenever you see a button TXT in the lower right hand corner of the video, you can choose the subtitle and the language. It that sign isn't there - as unfortunately in the "Uutiset" videos, there are no subtitles available.
However, it's available in many current affairs programs ("Ajankohtaisohjelmat") like A-studio, MOT, Ulkolinja etc, and also in "Noin viikon uutiset" (humor in the news).
Image


Post Reply