Citizenship application June 2017 (questions)

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
taniweirdo

Post by taniweirdo » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:42 pm

Hi guys
I'm going to make an online application in June 2017 and already made an appointment in the end of June
Here are some question/info, I don't know if do I need something else or not, please tell me :) Thanks
So I'm with non-EU passport
1) have lived here 2 years with B-RP and until mid of June it has been 3 years more with A-RP (family ties) = 4 years?
2) Graduated from ammattikoulu in Finnish so I don't need YKI?
3) I have full-time job with around-2000e salary = payslips and also bank statements
4) I plan to go to study again in August so is it ok to quit the job after I have shown everything in the appointment?
5) And is it ok to apply the application 1-2 weeks before the residency requirements? Like beginning of June?
6) Is it too short if the applying date and the appointment date are like 2 weeks apart ?

Thanks so much:) and I am 24 yo so this is still a big thing in life so I want to make sure everything is fine :)
Thanks so much in advance :D

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tavastia

Re: Citizenship application June 2017 (questions)

Post by tavastia » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:41 pm

1) have lived here 2 years with B-RP and until mid of June it has been 3 years more with A-RP (family ties) = 4 years?
Yes, shall be fine, is 4 years but I'm not sure how the "strong" ties with finland applies. Check that. Otherwise is 5 years.
2) Graduated from ammattikoulu in Finnish so I don't need YKI?
You don't need YKI.
3) I have full-time job with around-2000e salary = payslips and also bank statements
It does not matter, you just need to have "known" income.
4) I plan to go to study again in August so is it ok to quit the job after I have shown everything in the appointment?
You still need to have means of support from known sources. Kela is fine also.
5) And is it ok to apply the application 1-2 weeks before the residency requirements? Like beginning of June?
Does it really make a difference?
6) Is it too short if the applying date and the appointment date are like 2 weeks apart ?
They can be on the same day, it does not matter when you go to your appointment you need to have the application submitted online with all attachments you are going to take with you in original.

taniweirdo

Post by taniweirdo » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:41 pm

@tavastia Thanks so much :)
Well about that 1-2 weeks "earlier", I read some posts here about "early" application and it was 3 yrs 10m and the process took like 3-4 months more :) So just abit worried about that

random_fish

Post by random_fish » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:42 pm

taniweirdo wrote:@tavastia Thanks so much :)
Well about that 1-2 weeks "earlier", I read some posts here about "early" application and it was 3 yrs 10m and the process took like 3-4 months more :) So just abit worried about that
I applied on 5.10.2016 and got citizenship on 29.3.2017. At the time of applying I got only 3 year and 6 months living in Finland. So 6 months earlier than my time fulfillment. Not married to Fin. Work as a Phd with yearly grants at university.

brexit

Post by brexit » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:07 pm

random_fish wrote:
I applied on 5.10.2016 and got citizenship on 29.3.2017. At the time of applying I got only 3 year and 6 months living in Finland. So 6 months earlier than my time fulfillment. Not married to Fin. Work as a Phd with yearly grants at university.
Hello Random fish, that was fast. did they ask you anything ?

random_fish

Post by random_fish » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:07 pm

brexit wrote:
random_fish wrote:
Hello Random fish, that was fast. did they ask you anything ?
They did not ask for any document.
On the log, they processed my document on 29.3 and made decision on the same day. It was super fast. The immigration officer must be high on that day :).

Another funny thing is that after I read the decision, the next day when I logged in, all of my citizenship application and its log on the enterfinland website just disappeared. I thought that this must be a joke. So I doubted if they have any mistake and changed their decision hahha :). So I went to a Väestörekisteri http://vrk.fi/etusivu to check my information there and found that I have been registered as Finnish citizen :ochesey: .

Now I regret that I have not saved the online application and the decision for my memory. I may contact them to ask for a copy of these documents :)

challengingtimes

Post by challengingtimes » Fri May 05, 2017 5:48 am

I applied on 5th October 2016. Processing started 24th April 2017. I was expecting it to start between 8-9 months as was the expected time when I had applied last year.

Now the issue is that I was one month short of the criteria of last 2 years continuous residency on 24th April 2017 (i.e. when the processing started). All other criteria are fulfilled.

There has been no change in status since 24th April 2017 till today. It appears migri has speeded up the process since they took over from poliisi.

Any pointers on what could be the possible fate of my application and what I can do at this point?