work permit * resident permit on family ties *study

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
newuser13

Post by newuser13 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:14 pm

Hi there,
I really hope there is someone who could give me guidance :)

I recently got married and I want my husband to live with me in Finland. My husband lives outside EU. As a married couple , we have only lived toghether for 2 weeks and now i am back to finland already as my holidays have ended.

I (foreigner with finnish resident permit) work full time, and my resident permit status is "A" under specific work. My permit is expiring soon(which was for 1 year , 2016-2017) , but i have already applied for the extended permit.

My dilemma is that to whether 1) apply for his resience permit now or to wait for mine first?
2) I have not changed my last name to his , as i prefer to keep it the same , so doest it affect his application?
3) Because we have lived together for such a short period , does it have any negative impact to the application? (we were in long-distance relationship for 2 years and were meeting up couple of times in a year)
4) I have been accepted in master in another city , so will have to move there in autumn , September . I am planning only to work part time then. If he applies now, and gets his rp , before september , could his permit be revoked as i no longer will be working full time?

All the advices are welcome heartily :)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tavastia

Re: work permit * resident permit on family ties *study

Post by tavastia » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:39 pm

1) apply for his resience permit now or to wait for mine first?
You can apply for your extension and your husband will apply his own. The applications are on different grounds anyway.
2) I have not changed my last name to his , as i prefer to keep it the same , so doest it affect his application?
It does not matter, in Finland you can have different names. You will however need to recognize your marriage in Finland.
3) Because we have lived together for such a short period , does it have any negative impact to the application? (we were in long-distance relationship for 2 years and were meeting up couple of times in a year)
It does not matter.
4) I have been accepted in master in another city , so will have to move there in autumn , September . I am planning only to work part time then. If he applies now, and gets his rp , before september , could his permit be revoked as i no longer will be working full time?
If you are both from outside of EU, check the income requirements for family times RP.

newuser13

Post by newuser13 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:08 pm

Thanks tavastia for the reply.

rinso

Post by rinso » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:48 am

This kind of things might trigger suspicions if the marriage is real. At least it would case a delay and all aspects of the application (i.e. income requirement) will be scrutinized. With you changing to part-time work and study it might become a problem.

newuser13

Post by newuser13 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:39 pm

Thank you rinso for your reply.

podzap

Post by podzap » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:10 am

Residence permits based on family ties are only for the family members of citizens. In this case, permanent resident is equal to citizen. The income requirement still applies.

Since you are not a permanent resident, you have no basis for making an application based on family ties; it will very likely be denied. If your new spouse can manage to get a work related residence permit, similar to yours, then problem solved.

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 am

Residence permits based on family ties are only for the family members of citizens. In this case, permanent resident is equal to citizen. The income requirement still applies.
Where did you get that one? RP for family ties are for everybody: http://www.migri.fi/moving_to_finland_t ... ily_member and income requirement applies only if the person who is inviting other family members is not Finnish or EU citizen.
Since you are not a permanent resident, you have no basis for making an application based on family ties; it will very likely be denied. If your new spouse can manage to get a work related residence permit, similar to yours, then problem solved.
Again not true. Family member RP can be applied regardless you have or not permanent residence.