Don't Get Me Wrong...

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
Post Reply
HeartofIron
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:32 am
Location: Oklahoma, USA

Don't Get Me Wrong...

Post by HeartofIron » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:56 pm

Hey, guys. I saw some older posts on this site where some people were asking about contact info for Ville Valo and Bam, and I saw that some people were making the point that this is not the object of this forum (I don't remember the screen name; those were from, like, 2007 or something)...I totally get that all of you have things going on that are a bit more important than that (total understatement : )) and I want to apologize if that seemed like what I was trying to do. I'm a bit over-the-top, but I promise I'm not a creeper or anything like that. Thank you guys for your patience and your help.

J


Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?
-Poe

Don't Get Me Wrong...

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

HeartofIron
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:32 am
Location: Oklahoma, USA

Re: Don't Get Me Wrong...

Post by HeartofIron » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:56 am

I would really like to be able to remove this post now because I know that nobody can answer it and it's a stupid post...

J
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?
-Poe


Jukka Aho
Posts: 5238
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:46 am
Location: Espoo, Finland

Re: Don't Get Me Wrong...

Post by Jukka Aho » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:32 pm

Don’t take the lack of answers as a sign of hostility. Nothing wrong with asking. It’s just that those who frequent this forum likely do not have any special knowledge about HIM or Ville Valo, or knowledge how to contact him/HIM beyond the obvious official fan mail channels which you have apparently tried already.

While the name “Finland Forum” could lead you to think this is a forum frequented by native Finns, discussing all things Finland (which would be a bit strange concept since why would the natives do this in English), this is actually a forum populated primarily by English-speaking expats and immigrants to Finland plus some token natives, primarily discussing things related to moving to and living in Finland as a non-native.

Outside the fan circles, HIM is just another band — and one that hasn’t released too much new material since the noughties, and who have actually announced disbanding just this year. The front man Valo used to feature in the media quite frequently but that was closer to the turn of the millennium — back in the Razorblade Romance days — not recently. (Except for the disbanding / farewell tour announcement.)

I hope you’ll get some feedback from them if that’s important to you but I’m afraid there are no third cousins or former classmates of Mr. Valo lurking on this forum who would have some direct shortcut to communicating with him. (I’m pretty sure the Finnish Post will deliver all mail to him or his record company or manager if you just scribble something like “Ville Valo, HIM, Helsinki” on the envelope, but whether he will personally open his fan mail or leave the pre-screening for someone else is anyone’s guess.)
znark


HeartofIron
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:32 am
Location: Oklahoma, USA

Re: Don't Get Me Wrong...

Post by HeartofIron » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:17 am

Jukka Aho wrote:Don’t take the lack of answers as a sign of hostility. Nothing wrong with asking. It’s just that those who frequent this forum likely do not have any special knowledge about HIM or Ville Valo, or knowledge how to contact him/HIM beyond the obvious official fan mail channels which you have apparently tried already.

While the name “Finland Forum” could lead you to think this is a forum frequented by native Finns, discussing all things Finland (which would be a bit strange concept since why would the natives do this in English), this is actually a forum populated primarily by English-speaking expats and immigrants to Finland plus some token natives, primarily discussing things related to moving to and living in Finland as a non-native.

Outside the fan circles, HIM is just another band — and one that hasn’t released too much new material since the noughties, and who have actually announced disbanding just this year. The front man Valo used to feature in the media quite frequently but that was closer to the turn of the millennium — back in the Razorblade Romance days — not recently. (Except for the disbanding / farewell tour announcement.)

I hope you’ll get some feedback from them if that’s important to you but I’m afraid there are no third cousins or former classmates of Mr. Valo lurking on this forum who would have some direct shortcut to communicating with him. (I’m pretty sure the Finnish Post will deliver all mail to him or his record company or manager if you just scribble something like “Ville Valo, HIM, Helsinki” on the envelope, but whether he will personally open his fan mail or leave the pre-screening for someone else is anyone’s guess.)
Yeah...I had heard about them disbanding...I'm not a mega-fan, but I just really like Valo. I'm not a creep or anything...I mean, I have an actual job, other interests, and everything like that. I'm not even looking for a direct link... I just sort of wish I could meet him, that's all. From what I've read, he sounds like he might be a nice person. : )
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?
-Poe


Smedju
Posts: 334
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: Moon

Re: Don't Get Me Wrong...

Post by Smedju » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:44 pm

It's pretty much what Jukka said, this isn't the correct forum for HIM stuff but don't worry about it, you can always ask. No problem in that ;)

Ville Valo seems to be pretty laid back and cool dude, he will talk with his fans and take some photos/selfies and he can be seen in Helsinki rock clubs/venues now and then but I think he has dropped the booze for good but still likes the cigarettes. His girlfriend is Christel Karhu, beautiful brunette model. They seem to be very happy.

Usually in Finland when we see famous people in public, we let them be, must be the Finnish way of reacting to "personal space" :)


HeartofIron
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:32 am
Location: Oklahoma, USA

Re: Don't Get Me Wrong...

Post by HeartofIron » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:22 am

Smedju wrote:It's pretty much what Jukka said, this isn't the correct forum for HIM stuff but don't worry about it, you can always ask. No problem in that ;)

Ville Valo seems to be pretty laid back and cool dude, he will talk with his fans and take some photos/selfies and he can be seen in Helsinki rock clubs/venues now and then but I think he has dropped the booze for good but still likes the cigarettes. His girlfriend is Christel Karhu, beautiful brunette model. They seem to be very happy.

Usually in Finland when we see famous people in public, we let them be, must be the Finnish way of reacting to "personal space" :)
Yes, Ms. Karhu is very beautiful...

In that envelope my dignity's kissed, ignorance bliss-ed
Paper on paper's good for mind, and dreams may be most kind.
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?
-Poe


HeartofIron
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:32 am
Location: Oklahoma, USA

Re: Don't Get Me Wrong...

Post by HeartofIron » Thu May 25, 2017 10:52 pm

The rain poured
outside and could have drowned all the planets of
space but I wouldn’t have known it because of
moonbeam
eyes that stared at me and didn’t
know they did.
is this the most
ridiculous thing in the world?
Anyway...
I can’t get out of this pain
So deliver me fast,
And let me lie in cold
To forget my dark past
I want life after death
And love after hate
To help me flourish
Into my unknown fate
I hope my soul is saved
And that I can rest
Knowing that I won’t fall
Under my dark test
The test of moonbeam eyes and pouted lips and…and
Words left for me by only your
Smile and your laugh…
At ourselves, we laugh together a lot of the
Time in my imagination
and I love it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?
-Poe


HeartofIron
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:32 am
Location: Oklahoma, USA

Re: Don't Get Me Wrong...

Post by HeartofIron » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:44 pm

Do you guys think that Valo is going to still do solo work (I know he released a solo album or a single)? I heard somewhere that he had health problems. I hope he'll still be around for a while.
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?
-Poe


Tiwaz
Posts: 2592
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:21 am

Re: Don't Get Me Wrong...

Post by Tiwaz » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:27 pm

HeartofIron wrote:Do you guys think that Valo is going to still do solo work (I know he released a solo album or a single)? I heard somewhere that he had health problems. I hope he'll still be around for a while.
Haven't got a clue, my musical taste goes in bit different direction so have not paid any attention.
You should go google up some directly affiliated sources. Maybe through those you could actually get some response from man himself.

Quick google brought to us the marvels of social media: https://www.facebook.com/villevalovirallinen/


HeartofIron
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:32 am
Location: Oklahoma, USA

Re: Don't Get Me Wrong...

Post by HeartofIron » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:56 am

Tiwaz wrote:
HeartofIron wrote:Do you guys think that Valo is going to still do solo work (I know he released a solo album or a single)? I heard somewhere that he had health problems. I hope he'll still be around for a while.
Haven't got a clue, my musical taste goes in bit different direction so have not paid any attention.
You should go google up some directly affiliated sources. Maybe through those you could actually get some response from man himself.

Quick google brought to us the marvels of social media: https://www.facebook.com/villevalovirallinen/
Thank you! I had been FB messaging a page named "Ville Valo" but I think that's just a fan page...I can't tell you how much I appreciate this. : )

J
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?
-Poe


HeartofIron
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:32 am
Location: Oklahoma, USA

Re: Don't Get Me Wrong...

Post by HeartofIron » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:00 am

Tiwaz wrote:
HeartofIron wrote:Do you guys think that Valo is going to still do solo work (I know he released a solo album or a single)? I heard somewhere that he had health problems. I hope he'll still be around for a while.
Haven't got a clue, my musical taste goes in bit different direction so have not paid any attention.
You should go google up some directly affiliated sources. Maybe through those you could actually get some response from man himself.

Quick google brought to us the marvels of social media: https://www.facebook.com/villevalovirallinen/

Oh, yeah, that's the page I've been sending messages to...no one has seen any of them so far, though. The thing is, HIM is supposed to be in Houston and Dallas, which is close to me (I'm in Oklahoma), but I don't think there's any way I can go to them. I would have just wanted to know that he got my poem in the main and stuff...me and a million other girls that probably have sent him poems, songs, stories, and other stuff. Lol (It's the poem I posted above, but it looks different on the original copy...)
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?
-Poe


Post Reply