Marriage and Residence permit application

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
onlyforgame

Post by onlyforgame » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:59 pm

Hi everyone,

I don't know which sub-category I should put this question so I just go ahead, sorry if I post this in a wrong place. Here is my story,..

So I have duo-citizenship, and I plan to register marriage with my fiance this summer in our home country. I got a bit confused reading all instructions related to marriage register. I wonder if I should get the written examination of possible impediments to my marriage (according to infopankki) ( I understood it as a certificate of being unmarried) in Finland or in my home country. The reason it seems complicated is that I want to get him here to live together with me in Finland. Has anyone here had the same experience? Please share your advice. Thank you so much!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

bm50
AKA cockney

Re: Marriage and Residence permit application

Post by bm50 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:37 pm

betelgeuse

Re: Marriage and Residence permit application

Post by betelgeuse » Mon May 01, 2017 12:31 pm

onlyforgame wrote: So I have duo-citizenship, and I plan to register marriage with my fiance this summer in our home country. I got a bit confused reading all instructions related to marriage register. I wonder if I should get the written examination of possible impediments to my marriage (according to infopankki) ( I understood it as a certificate of being unmarried) in Finland or in my home country. The reason it seems complicated is that I want to get him here to live together with me in Finland. Has anyone here had the same experience?
You are getting married abroad so without knowing the country no-one can really help you on what are the requirements. Even then, people here are best equipped to answer questions about Finnish bureaucracy. When you have gotten married, you will need to get your marriage certificate legalised and to Maistraatti.

http://www.maistraatti.fi/en/Services/i ... l_ulkom_11