Parcel Collection

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
galwayguy

Parcel Collection

Post by galwayguy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:02 pm

Is there any service like Parcel Motel in Finland. I need to send some packages but the recipient is travelling a lot. Is there a way to send them so that they can be collected from a collection point ?

Parcel Collection

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Piet

Re: Parcel Collection

Post by Piet » Mon May 01, 2017 8:49 pm

If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

riku2

Re: Parcel Collection

Post by riku2 » Thu May 04, 2017 12:29 pm

the post office is not that useful if you are on holiday.. they have a "holiday mail" service where they keep letters while you are on holiday and deliver them when you are back (period 1 week - 2 months) but this does not apply to anything that has to be signed for (parcels, packets from amazon, ali express etc). so it next to worthless if you order a lot of things from the internet. I suppose the idea is that the whole country shuts down in July .. no shopping .. no parcels being sent out .. no need for the post office to store anything.

http://www.posti.fi/private/servicesonl ... ption.html

if you are away from home for more than two weeks then it's possible that parcels go back to where they were sent from since the post office doesn't keep them very long.

from the description of "holiday mail" they keep "ordinary items" for only two weeks. it's not clear if that term means non-signed for parcels or what. since if a letter is an "ordinary item" then the whole point of the holiday mail service is meaningless. they have not really thought of ordering from china where items might arrive after two weeks or eight weeks. should you stop ordering items eight weeks before any extended period away from home.