Old car, check up, disposal

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
John_John

Post by John_John » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:01 pm

Hi,
I got a really old car and fear it might not go through the next checkup. If it needs any bigger repairs it would be above the worth of the car, it's no use invest any more money into it.

Do you know of any places that buy old cars for a marginal amount? (100 Euro or so?)
Otherwise, how much does it cost me to bring it to a scrapyard? And where are they?

For the checkup:
I still have the winter tyres on, do they check that?
There is a problem with the windscreen wiper, is that included in the checkup?

big thanks!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Piet

Re: Old car, check up, disposal

Post by Piet » Mon May 01, 2017 8:55 pm

John_John wrote:Hi,
I got a really old car and fear it might not go through the next checkup. If it needs any bigger repairs it would be above the worth of the car, it's no use invest any more money into it.

Do you know of any places that buy old cars for a marginal amount? (100 Euro or so?)
Otherwise, how much does it cost me to bring it to a scrapyard? And where are they?

For the checkup:

big thanks!
Scrapping is free at the designated scrapyards, they also give you the release for the Car Tax and registration for Trafi.

Winter tyres is no problem as long as they do NOT have spikes and have more than the minimum amount of thread for winter tyres.
Windscreen wiper and washing system is normally checked, but with my car (22 years old) they did not check (by accident).

PS my car passed without problems. (but I repair everything myself so I know it is done properly :wink: )
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

masao

Post by masao » Mon May 01, 2017 9:09 pm

John_John wrote:Hi,

For the checkup:

big thanks!
Just this evening on TV, they advertised the car recycling centers.
Here is the link.
https://www.autokierratys.fi/

The inspection is done for your safety (and the others on the road). If the wiper does not work (motor kaput?!) then
the car does not pass the inspection.

t, masao
Bone, Thugs, 'n' Harmony

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Tue May 02, 2017 11:59 am

John_John wrote:I still have the winter tyres on, do they check that?
Winter/summer tyres must have enough thread left and spiked tyres enough spikes. You can even drive to and from your inspection with summer tyres in winter or winter tyres in summer.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Piet

Post by Piet » Wed May 03, 2017 5:45 pm

Upphew wrote:
John_John wrote:I still have the winter tyres on, do they check that?
Winter/summer tyres must have enough thread left and spiked tyres enough spikes. You can even drive to and from your inspection with summer tyres in winter or winter tyres in summer.
You can even drive in summer on winter tyres that used to have spikes but do not have them any more (but you need to make sure all spikes are gone) and keep driving on it all summer as long as there is enough thread on them (was what I meant to say :P ).
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world