Vehicle Insurance Finland

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Fabi_91

Post by Fabi_91 » Thu May 04, 2017 12:24 pm

Hey,

I am soon moving from Germany to Lappland in Northern Finland and I am going to take my car with me (BMW 318 d Touring Model from 2011). I have been researching this forum already for articles about car insurance in Finland, however I was unable to find information about whether there are English translated vehicle insurance websites existing in Finland, where I could check the approximate insurance rate of my car. Does anybody of you drive a similar car and could provide me with an approximation of the tariff I could expect?

Thanks a lot :) Fabi

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

NukkuMatti

Re: Vehicle Insurance Finland

Post by NukkuMatti » Thu May 04, 2017 10:28 pm

Fabi_91 wrote:Hey,

I am soon moving from Germany to Lappland in Northern Finland and I am going to take my car with me (BMW 318 d Touring Model from 2011). I have been researching this forum already for articles about car insurance in Finland, however I was unable to find information about whether there are English translated vehicle insurance websites existing in Finland, where I could check the approximate insurance rate of my car. Does anybody of you drive a similar car and could provide me with an approximation of the tariff I could expect?

Thanks a lot :) Fabi
Your insurance price depends on a weird calculation that includes things like the amount of accident with that specific model car in the previous years and the same year.
Also your claim free years are important for your bonus discount of the basic price.
You can try to call IF (find their phone number on www.IF.fi ), they have at least an English spoken customer service available. And if you only insure 1 car, they might be the cheapest choice.
Finding English websites is (my experience) not possible, although IF has a little (1 page) part of their website in English.

good luck (and take a lot of chemicals against mosquito's with you, you're gonna need it :lol: :lol: )